Samsung i500 and Eudora

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I'm trying to set up a POP email account on a Samsung i500 using Eudora.

I can retrieve email, but when I send I get the message "Is it okay to
send POP username and password?"
If I click YES I get "Log in to outgoing mail server, smtp.sprintpcs.com,
failed:5.7.8 Bad username or password (Authentication failed).
If I click NO I get "An address has an error: 5.7.1 Relaying not
allowed:" followed by the recipients email address.

I verified the mail server, SMTP, user name and password are all correct.

Does anyone know what I should do?

In article <MPG.1b351d2c34d25fb9896b7@netnews.worldnet.att.net>,
nospam@all.com (John) wrote:

> I'm trying to set up a POP email account on a Samsung i500 using Eudora.
>
> I can retrieve email, but when I send I get the message "Is it okay to
> send POP username and password?"
> If I click YES I get "Log in to outgoing mail server, smtp.sprintpcs.com,
> failed:5.7.8 Bad username or password (Authentication failed).
> If I click NO I get "An address has an error: 5.7.1 Relaying not
> allowed:" followed by the recipients email address.
>
> I verified the mail server, SMTP, user name and password are all correct.
>
> Does anyone know what I should do?

Sounds like Sprint thinks its coming from Worldnet.

#1 -- get a shorter .signature
#2 -- not really sure. were you trying to download mail from your
sprintpcs email account and also send via that account, or were you
attempting to download email for some other POP account? One guess
would be that you were trying to download from some other account, but
send using sprintpcs (this makes sense and is a common setup since
many email systems won't allow sending email from internet addresses).
In this case, you need to make sure that you have different POP and
SMTP accounts and passwords. It sounded like it was attempting to send
the POP account to the SMTP server (another common default when you
ARE sending and receiving using the same ISP).

In article <MPG.1b351d2c34d25fb9896b7@netnews.worldnet.att.net>, nospam@all.com (John) wrote:
>I'm trying to set up a POP email account on a Samsung i500 using Eudora.
>
>I can retrieve email, but when I send I get the message "Is it okay to
>send POP username and password?"
>If I click YES I get "Log in to outgoing mail server, smtp.sprintpcs.com,
>failed:5.7.8 Bad username or password (Authentication failed).
>If I click NO I get "An address has an error: 5.7.1 Relaying not
>allowed:" followed by the recipients email address.
>
>I verified the mail server, SMTP, user name and password are all correct.

It sounds like you have your account info in Eudora setup wrong.
Incoming Server (POP) should be pop.sprintpcs.com unless you are trying
to fetch POP from another POP server. Outgoing Server (SMTP) should
be smtp.sprintpcs.com. Your problem may be that you need to email
out from the sprintpcs.com account since you must send the
username@pop.sprintpcs.com and password to authenticate the
smtp.sprintpcs.com SMTP server. Note the info for sprintpcs.com
corresponds to you Vision usename and password.

Also don't hit the reply email address within an email in Eudora.
You will crash the I500 100% of the time -- a known bug in Eudora.