Samsung Introduces Mirrored And Transparent OLED Display Panels That Use Intel RealSense Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

InvalidError

Titan
OLEDs will enable all kinds of neat stuff in the future. I only wish the prices would come down faster.

When the OLED hype started ramping up nearly 10 years ago, expectations were that it would enable inexpensive large format, ultra-thin, high definition displays with super-fast response time, basically the ultimate display technology. OLED has met nearly all of those expectations, except for the price where it shows no sign of becoming affordable in the foreseeable future.

stevenrix

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
Off Topics: the amount of ads on Tomshardware is beyond unthinkable, after more than 1 decade spent here, it's taking me more and more time to open a single page on IE than reading it. I will be reading less and less of TH if this issue can't be fixed. Surfing on the Internet should not be torture.

danlw

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
@InvalidError

Actually, there are good signs. When Sony introduced their 11" OLED tv, it was $2,500. Now, you can get an LG 55EC9300 55" OLED on Amazon for $2500. So prices are definitely moving down.

lun471k

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
Off Topics: the amount of ads on Tomshardware is beyond unthinkable, after more than 1 decade spent here, it's taking me more and more time to open a single page on IE than reading it. I will be reading less and less of TH if this issue can't be fixed. Surfing on the Internet should not be torture.

You are totally free to look for utilities like Adblock Plus and whitelist ads that are actualy useful/help the website without letting annoying ones go through.

------------

I can't wait to see where OLED tech will lead us in the near future. This is awesome.

PaulBags

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2015
This is absolutely amazing and I love it.

Still waiting for the foldable OLED screens that can go from wristwatch to phone to full tablet :p. But wow, there's going to be some amazing OLED prodicts in the mean time, like these.

rdc85

Honorable
Have they tackle the short lifetime problems...???

It's still no sense for me to buy monitor/tv that only have "best before" time 2-3 years...

edit: I know they using run about ways by increasing the size of blue one..
(the one fastest degenerate), that doesn't change fact after few years it'll start dimmer

eza

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
"With displays that react to our movements, can retinal scanners be far behind?"

I'm pretty sure that retinal scanners already exist ;-)

This display tech looks amazing. I wonder how much these will cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.