Samsung laptop keypad not working URGENT

HELPPPPP

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
Hello,
my keypad is not working properly, i'm now using the on-screen keyboard when i use the normal keyboard 91 comes up for 1 and "ot" comes up for "o" as well as alot more. i've already tried the control panel it did'nt work and i've also tried holding the two shift buttons down at the same time.. please help asap!!

jakes_winteam

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
Make sure you have adequate battery power. Otherwise, I'd recommend attaching an external keyboard. It sounds like a hardware problem. The only option you may have is to take your laptop in for repair. Contact your hardware provider's customer support. Sorry you have this problem, it sounds particularly irritating.

- Jake

Windows Outreach Team

What is your exact model laptop? Some newer laptops have a Numlock that puts the numbers over some of the letters and when turned on will make them put out different things.

its kind of annoying but can happen.

if anything it may be the keyboard connection. If it was dropped it could have come loose or maybe the laptops mainboard is going out.

Did you happen to spill anything on it?

batchelo

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010

Hi Jimmy

I have a Samsung NC10 laptop, after cleaning with foam, it doesnt seem to be working properly...yes. it was om too when I did...sometimes it works, sometimes stuck...that probably qualifies as a spill
batchelo@eim.ae