Samsung Launches Entry-level Galaxy Ace 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008

Let me put you in a situation, you don't have a lot of money and you don't want to be stuck with an expensive for two years. You can buy this phone for a reasonable price, no contract, and you can do talk text, web, maps, apps, etc. and use it with a prepaid. I have a GS3, but I'm selling it to get out of my verizon contract because I have a kid on the way and it's a luxury I can't afford, I would love to have a phone like this which I could afford and it can do everything I need.

Nailed it. Unfortunately, you're trying to reason with someone who trolls every Samsung/Android - related article, even though he knows nothing about it. He can't stand the fact that with Android devices one actually has plenty of choices. Sour grapes, really.

Yep, garbage in, garbage out (for sale). Thanks for proving me right (and no, you still don't understand choice).
BTW, you forgot to troll the Galaxy Zoom article. Why don't you head on there and entertain us?

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
I know right? 8GB of usable memory is a f'n joke and they call people who buy Apple products stupid...haha! I'll sell my iPhone5 when the 5s comes out and get 75% of what I paid for it... how about that S4 you just bought? NOT so much..lol

That's cause only you Crapple zombies value the iPhone as much.
If anything, it's just overpriced.
Most, if not any Android phone or even Windows Phone's price decline like other IT stuff overtime as their time in the market grows...Apple? They just keep their prices high until the last minute just to kill off retailers that still have old stock.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Let me put you in a situation, you don't have a lot of money and you don't want to be stuck with an expensive for two years. You can buy this phone for a reasonable price, no contract, and you can do talk text, web, maps, apps, etc. and use it with a prepaid. I have a GS3, but I'm selling it to get out of my verizon contract because I have a kid on the way and it's a luxury I can't afford, I would love to have a phone like this which I could afford and it can do everything I need.
So why don't they just sell the S2 or S3 at a discount for those purposes then? Phones like this that are meant to be low-end from the start are just stupid IMO.

calguyhunk

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010

Thanks for gracing us with your wisdom.

Not everybody has the money nor the necessity to pay a $100 contract every month. I'm a not a heavy user & have a prepaid connection that costs me under $20 dollars a month mostly.

I've been using an unlocked Optimus One P500 ($180) for the past two and a half years - recently updated with custom Jelly Bean ROM 4.2.2 of jenkins RC4.

I don't grudge you your money but do pity your ignorance of technology, disrespect for people who're not as loaded as you are and a chronic lack of curiosity or a willingness to know, learn and explore.

Congratulations on your iPhone and million dollars a month contract. This or the Xperia M will prolly be my new UNLOCKED phone. Maybe even the upcoming Optimus L9 II even though it's gonna be a little costlier. We, Android users, (or Android 'fanboys' as you so eloquently put it) will then play 'round with their software & firmware and personalize it in any which way we like, whilst you and your legions of fellow Kool-Aid drinking Apple acolytes continue to be parted with your monies by Cuppertino from your tiny little 'App Store' jail cells.

In any case, learn 'bout the rest of the world when you grow up. Not everywhere people even have this contract system with their carriers. Unlocked is pretty much the only way phones are sold in most of the world. iPhones and high end Androids cost over $800-$900 dollars including taxes. How many of you will pay that much even for your favorite iStuff?

calguyhunk

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010

"So why don't they continue to manufacture and sell brand new Mercedes Benz W120's or the 300SC's for a discounted price then? The Civics or the Corollas that are meant to be low end from the start are just stupid IMO."

That's just how arrogant and ignorant your comment is. Seriously sad.

The outdated SOC's, cameras, screens etc. will slowly go out of production. That's why they can't keep making those till eternity. In any case, today's "low-end" phones are more powerful than yesterday's high end ones.

As technology evolves, you get better performance at lower production costs. It doesn't make sense spending more money to produce underperforming products with yesterday's technology.

That's why we don't use yesterday's high end Pentium 4 PC's any more, but "low end" Pentium G2010 ones. Nor do we use yesterday's high end Mercs and Bimmers as cheaper alternative, but new Fords and Chevys, Hondas and Toyotas. First learn how tech works before typing in such juvenile comments.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008

You can get out of your contract if you sell your phone on ebay for $300 and you have a $300 early termination fee.

dhoshi

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
Nice, but the difference is really small.

Almost same design
Almost same screen size
Both have jelly bean
Almost same CPU frequency
A little bit more RAM on Ace 3 (the main difference)

I don't think Ace 3 will become very popular, Ace 2 didn't.

The only things I require for a phone:

Dual-core CPU (we have)
Android (we have)
Good software support/development (not so much) check out

http://shoprex.com/phones-and-tablets/mobiles/samsung-galaxy-ace-3-mpid2463

Status
Not open for further replies.