Samsung Launches Pair Of UHD FreeSync Displays; 4K Starting At $400

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnimeMania

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014
It is a shame that none of AMD's new video cards support HDMI 2.0. This keeps people from using 4K TVs as 60Hz computer monitors since most have only HDMI 2.0 as a viable computer input.

norseman4

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
You can buy a 43" 4k TV for $580. Anything under 40" for 4k is too small and a waste of time and money.

Let's not forget though, that as a desktop monitor, it will be less than 3 feet from the standard users eyes. I have a pair of 27" 1440p monitors. If I were going to look at 4k (2160p) I'd be looking at 32"

What's the RANGE that asynchronous mode works?

40Hz to 60Hz?

Thus, if you're below 40FPS or above 60FPS the benefits of the mode aren't there. WORSE YET, you'll be moving from synchronous to asynchronous mode constantly unless you can stay in that zone.

Seriously 144Hz is a necessity and you can't do that at 4K yet.

hannibal

Distinguished
my iPad has better dpi than 24" 4K screen has. So there definitely is need for better resoluution screens! I keep my 1440p 27" screen very near to me and it has much worse picture quality than my iPad have. Ofcourse if you looknypu monitori several feets away, the resoluution is not so important.
I thinking that most people who tinks that 4k is not useilla in 24" Are people who don't have a moder os that scales wiell with high resoluution material or looknypu the monitor 10-20 feets a way in living room or similar space.
It is much easier to read text From high resolution monitor! The text is sharp and don't tire your eyes so easily.

pdegan2814

Distinguished
May 29, 2014
Any press release, news post or review about a FreeSync monitor that does not mention the range of refresh rates that can be dynamically set by FreeSync is doing it wrong. FreeSync isn't just about what frequency the monitor can get UP to, it's just as if not more important what frequency it can get DOWN to as well!

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah if you're talking Z grade, low quality brand X panels. Anything decent you're going to be paying well over $1200 for.

aphocus

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014
Any press release, news post or review about a FreeSync monitor that does not mention the range of refresh rates that can be dynamically set by FreeSync is doing it wrong. FreeSync isn't just about what frequency the monitor can get UP to, it's just as if not more important what frequency it can get DOWN to as well!

30hz is just 2 60hz frames, there's not really any reason to have anything go below 40hz, plus the higher the refresh rate, the more integer divisible rates you can derive, if we had a 240hz monitor we wouldn't need dynamic rates as most common rates, 24, 30, 48, 60 are factors of 240.

rdc85

Honorable

The 24" one using PLS a Samsung variant of IPS
(they want to create their own brand/thec, but it's a IPS variant)..

Status
Not open for further replies.