Samsung, LG, Others Fined Millions Over Price Fixing

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I think the price fixing has been going on throughout the world, not just in China.

I mean, think about it; you can buy a 27" 2560x1440 IPS Korean monitor for about $300, including shipping from Korea, but the cheapest retail you can pay for a U.S. monitor is twice that, not including shipping. Why? Because they are A+ panels? That hardly makes sense, since the production runs produce more A+ panels these days than A or A-.

Yeah, the overall quality of an Apple Cinema Display, which uses the same panel as the Korean units, is technically better - but it costs over 3X as much, and the actual guarantee on the panel itself isn't as good. Seriously, what's up with that?

I get the distinct impression that Americans and Europeans are paying more for LCDs because they think they should cost what they do, not because they cost that much to make. For once, the Chinese governement is right, and we should follow suit.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
They deserve the price fixing fines just not from the likes of China who sacrilegiously ignores all copyright laws from outside countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS