Samsung LU28E590DS/EN HELP!

Adanath88

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016
I just got my Samsung LU28E590DS/EN, when I read the specs, it felt ok, it says 2X HDMI 2.0 and a DP 1.2. (dont use dp tho)
I wanted to connect my XBOX ONE X on it, and the PC too. and enjoy my 4k.

In the specs says it is 4k resolution (3840 x 2160) at 60 HZ , FREE SYNC, and 1 ms response time.
So I rushed to buy it couse it seems perfect.

Now I have it at home, connect XBOX ONE X to it, it doesn't allow more than 1080p, I try to connect to the other HDMI port, and now I get 4k resolution, but no HDR. (i dont mind for HDR)
So, if they wrote they have 4k resolution on a tv, they didnt specify ON A SINGLE HDMI PORT.
And the HDMI ports are both 2.0 so what is the difference, why is that not specified?

Not to mention the HDMI that doesn't give 4k on xbox one x, when connected to my PC, allows me to put 3840 x 2160 resolution but on 30 HZ! wait.... didnt it say 60 hz?

Now my questions are:
1. Is it normal to be like that? and if so... WHY?
2. Do I need to update some drivers for it to work better or it wouldn't change that drasticly?
3. Even if the xbox one x is able to run 4k on 60 fps, I tried with gears of war 4, it doesn't really look like I see on youtube gameplays!
4. Why is the other PC hdmi port giving NO 4k signal to xbox, and makes me able to switch to 3840 x 2160 resolution on pc? AND WHY then only 30 hz?

Any information is welcome and appreciated!
Thx guys

Just to mention:
PC GPU is: NVIDIA GE FORCE GTX 970

Adanath88

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016
Unfortunately neither xbox one x or my GPU has a Display port.
But I am reading that HDMI 2.0 is supporting 4k on 60hz, and one port really is, the other isn't....both HDM.

Tried with same cable, used original xbox one x cable on both, used original Monitor cables, same thing.

I just want to know if that is a normal thing couse This is a new monitor, and on my TV (which is 4k too) I have multiple HDMI ports but only one is UHD compatible...but that was specified everywhere and there is even a writing on that port saying it is for UHD port.

On this monitor, nothing is stated, nothing is specified except the general specification, and I dont understand why

TRENDING THREADS