[SOLVED] Samsung M2 ssd 970 evo 1 tb

Jan 19, 2021
Hi,
I have a new system with AMD Ryzen 3900xt on a msi b550 tomahawk, booting from a Nve Samsung SSD 970 evo 1 TB on windows 10.
All drivers and bios are updated. The ssd is on the first ME slot, directly connected tot the cpu. The troughput is lower than all my other discs (read 3573 write 3194) Anyone has an idea why this is so low, anf how to optimize ? Thanks a lot

Solution
I am measuring with Samsung Magician, for instance my old samsung ssd 750 evo is measuring 6220 read, 4119 write, dubbel as fast as the m2 drive
I suspect you have RAPID mode enabled for the 750.

RAPID mode uses part of your RAM as a cache for the drive, and that speed is mostly the RAM speed, not the drive.
The 750 is a typical SATA III drive. Natively, Read/Write in the 500-550 range

USAFRet

Titan
Hi,
I have a new system with AMD Ryzen 3900xt on a msi b550 tomahawk, booting from a Nve Samsung SSD 970 evo 1 TB on windows 10.
All drivers and bios are updated. The ssd is on the first ME slot, directly connected tot the cpu. The troughput is lower than all my other discs (read 3573 write 3194) Anyone has an idea why this is so low, anf how to optimize ? Thanks a lot
Those numbers are just about right for a 970 EVO.

What other storage devices are you comparing it to, and what tool are you using to get these results?

Hi,
Measured by what and in which conditions ? Otherwise those numbers don't mean anything. read 3573 write 3194 is it Mb/s ?? If it it's even better than default.

USAFRet

Titan
I am measuring with Samsung Magician, for instance my old samsung ssd 750 evo is measuring 6220 read, 4119 write, dubbel as fast as the m2 drive
I suspect you have RAPID mode enabled for the 750.

RAPID mode uses part of your RAM as a cache for the drive, and that speed is mostly the RAM speed, not the drive.
The 750 is a typical SATA III drive. Natively, Read/Write in the 500-550 range

Solution