[SOLVED] Samsung M2 SSD driver question

Sep 28, 2021
I bought a new ASUS motherboard, Samsung M2 SSD, and OEM Windows on CD back in Nov 2017. I am now getting ready to rebuild my Desktop computer with these new parts. My concern is because I want to use the Samsung M2 SSD as my primary drive, When I boot windows from the CD will it be able to recognize this SSD drive? Until I get the new computer up and running I won't be able to download a driver and I don't know if the Windows Home 10 (Build date 8/30/2017 will have a driver that will work with this SSD. Thanks for any suggestions, Carl

Solution
media creation tool should not need your serial key. Just install it, should activate, and it will find the NVME native driver. For example the 980 pRO users the default MS NVME drive. The 970 you had an optional samsung NVME driver.

You will be fine.
Sep 28, 2021
Download current Windows 10 from Microsoft. You'll have much less troubles than using the one from 2017 DVD.
It looks like I can download the Media installation tool from Microsoft using the product key from my 2017 version of Windows 10. That should give me an updated version. Is that your understanding? I would put the install on a new USB Flash drive which my new desktop should be able to boot from. Let me know if you think that will work. Thanks.

sonofjesse

Distinguished
media creation tool should not need your serial key. Just install it, should activate, and it will find the NVME native driver. For example the 980 pRO users the default MS NVME drive. The 970 you had an optional samsung NVME driver.

You will be fine.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution