[SOLVED] Samsung Magician Benchmark Crashes my PC.

Sep 3, 2020
I just got a band new Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB a few hours ago and right when I ran a benchmark on it, my PC froze at around 30%, I ran it again and it froze at 35%, I ran it again and it froze at around 45%, and now when I run the benchmark, it displays the sequential read speed, and shows the benchmark is still happening, but the progress bar stops going up and the SSD starts cooling off. During this, the software still says it is conducting the benchmark. Also, I noticed while doing this benchmark my CPU was at 100% usage and did not stop even after I closed the benchmark. I tried another benchmark and nothing like that happened and it ran fine.

Solution
I have the most up to date drivers. I tried the same thing on my other SSD and it worked perfectly fine so it is just the NVME. Hardware specs are:

Asus Prime Z270-P Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance 2x8 @2400 MHz
EVGA Supernova G3 650 Watt
i7 7700k Overclocked to 5 GHz
Corsair H100i V2 CPU cooler
EVGA GTX 1060 SC

How do I find the model numbers?
Those ARE the model numbers.

DO you have the MOST recent motherboard BIOS version installed? WHAT version of the motherboard BIOS DO you have installed currently? Yes, it matters. There is a lot of hardware out there that won't even run on an older board without a BIOS update, or at all, regardless of whether you have one or not. In this case...
Do you have the Samsung NVME driver installed?

Do you have the MOST current motherboard BIOS version installed? (Not including Beta versions)

Do you have the latest chipset, audio and graphics card drivers installed?

What are your FULL hardware specifications including exact model numbers for the motherboard, memory kit, CPU, graphics card and power supply?

Sep 3, 2020
I have the most up to date drivers. I tried the same thing on my other SSD and it worked perfectly fine so it is just the NVME. Hardware specs are:

EVGA GTX 1060 SC

EVGA GTX 1060 SC

Those ARE the model numbers.

DO you have the MOST recent motherboard BIOS version installed? WHAT version of the motherboard BIOS DO you have installed currently? Yes, it matters. There is a lot of hardware out there that won't even run on an older board without a BIOS update, or at all, regardless of whether you have one or not. In this case, yours isn't THAT old, but it might need a BIOS update because the 970 EVO is newer than the older BIOSes for that board.

It is also probably a good idea to visit the product page for your motherboard and verify that you have the MOST up to date chipset .inf driver installed. Do not rely on Windows for driver updates. Windows does not provide full featured drivers for a lot of hardware, only basic, minimal driver versions.

Solution
Sep 3, 2020
I made sure I have all the most up to date drivers. I also ran different benchmarks on the drive and it had no problems. Is it possible it is overheating? but I dont know how that would contribute to my pc not being able to opporate at all after doing the benchmark.

Drivers are not BIOS. BIOS is firmware for your motherboard. You can't install it in Windows in most cases, except on a few laptops using OEM BIOS update software OR using a few motherboard utilities from the Windows desktop which is HIGHLY not recommended to do. It must be downloaded, put on a flash drive and updated from within the BIOS if you want to do it the correctly recommended way.

Sep 3, 2020
Drivers are not BIOS. BIOS is firmware for your motherboard. You can't install it in Windows in most cases, except on a few laptops using OEM BIOS update software OR using a few motherboard utilities from the Windows desktop which is HIGHLY not recommended to do. It must be downloaded, put on a flash drive and updated from within the BIOS if you want to do it the correctly recommended way.
Oh ya I remember now. I will do that