Samsung Magician says AHCI is deactivated

_Sasan

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
Just bought a new PC with Asus Z170 Pro Gaming and Samsung 850 EVO.
Installed drivers and updated everything. SATA Mode in BIOS is AHCI but Samsung Magician says it's not. Even checked the iaStorV/Start in registry, it was 0.

zs6qf.png

bx83P.png

O7ebV.png

Any help?

Solution
Welcome to the TH Community, @_Sasan!

What is your Windows OS version that you have currently installed on the SSD? Did you perform any recent Windows Updates?
I'd recommend you try to resolve the issue by re-installing the brand-specific software itself and also refer to the SSD manufacturer's official website and make sure you have the latest software version installed.
I'd also suggest you take a look at the suggested solutions to this thread from the community where the user has an identical issue to yours. (If you do have Windows 10 installed)

Hope this helps you. Keep me posted with the troubleshooting! :)
SuperSoph_WD
Welcome to the TH Community, @_Sasan!

What is your Windows OS version that you have currently installed on the SSD? Did you perform any recent Windows Updates?
I'd recommend you try to resolve the issue by re-installing the brand-specific software itself and also refer to the SSD manufacturer's official website and make sure you have the latest software version installed.
I'd also suggest you take a look at the suggested solutions to this thread from the community where the user has an identical issue to yours. (If you do have Windows 10 installed)

Hope this helps you. Keep me posted with the troubleshooting! :)
SuperSoph_WD

Solution

_Sasan

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
Thank you SuperSoph_WD followed some links till finally this one solved the problem:

http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

ZHQaN.png

Latest posts