SAMSUNG MAGICIAN SMART - What does it mean?

Jianni123

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2013
Hello.

I have a 128GB which is optimised through the Samsung magician software for Maximum Reliability.

I clicked on the smart button next to my device and it brings up a tab with different ID's and their description.
Can anyone confirm and tell me what these mean along with if the current value, raw data values and the others are ok.
Thanks.

Solution
SMART stands for Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology. In the device's firmware it keeps track of specific statistics. Those statistics are what is being displayed. Overall the statistics can give you an understanding into how your device is aging. The display shows current values in both raw and normalized values. It also gives you an assessment on how well each statistic measures up to predefined maximum values, thus telling you overall how your device is working. The IDs are industry standard numbers for the statistic being reported.

Bob57

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
SMART stands for Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology. In the device's firmware it keeps track of specific statistics. Those statistics are what is being displayed. Overall the statistics can give you an understanding into how your device is aging. The display shows current values in both raw and normalized values. It also gives you an assessment on how well each statistic measures up to predefined maximum values, thus telling you overall how your device is working. The IDs are industry standard numbers for the statistic being reported.

Solution