News Samsung mass produces 'world's thinnest' LPDDR5X

Status
Not open for further replies.

usertests

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2013
Looking forward, Samsung plans to expand its LPDDR5X offerings. The company intends to develop 6-layer 24 GB and 8-layer 36 GB modules in compact packages
Our prayers have been answered. I already can't imagine using a smartphone with only 32 GB of RAM.

Edit: It's a typo, RIP:

https://news.samsung.com/global/sam...innest-lpddr5x-dram-packages-for-on-device-ai
As demand for high-performance, high-density mobile memory solutions in smaller package sizes continues to grow, the company plans to develop 6-layer 24GB and 8-layer 32GB modules into the thinnest LPDDR DRAM packages for future devices.

Last edited:

JRStern

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2017
Apparently also now packaging lpddr5 memory inside the processor package, as Apple has been doing and Intel is starting with Lunar Lake. Remarkable. Like we're never going back to vacuum tubes now.

Reactions: endocine

ThomasKinsley

Notable
Oct 4, 2023
I realllly wish Tech would stop trying to make everything thin as possible :|
Folding products are still too chunky, and by extension, too heavy. I imagine this will be useful for the iPhone should they decide to make a folding product (there are signs that they might).

I already can't imagine using a smartphone with only 32 GB of RAM.
You jest, but I see the future going this way. Mobile devices have the power to run complex programs. No need to hold them back with a measly 8GB or 12GB or RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS