Samsung May Have Just Saved The Nook Tablet Brand

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
The thing that is killing the nook is the poor implementation with the Barnes and nobles store. Books barely have any info and doesn't even tell you how many pages and you have to be careful since they're allowing people to sell just about every piece of crap through the store.

Steve Simons

Honorable
May 31, 2014
My biggest problem with the Nook was despite its sizable price tag at the time, they were absolutely horrible at updating apps. My twitter and facebook app would never run properly and would never update, despite numerous attempts. This happened virtually all the time with lots of apps. As a reader, it was fine, but was an utter waste for anything else. The specs at the time were pretty good too.

I have vowed to "never again" buy anything electronic related to B&N. For a market that was at its infancy, they really gave it up to Amazon with amazing ease.

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
lpedraja2002 is right, everything wrong with the Nook line-up was anything to do with Barnes and Noble. From the terribly clunky branded interface to lack of options and customization. And that awful B&N store.... On top of all that the COMPLETE lack of ANY competent support or customer service. If you were not tech savvy enough to solve issues on your own or know how to strong arm trough all their BS you might as well toss it in the can. But the hardware and prices were unbeatable as they slid down that slippery slope. I have a Nook HD and absolutely love it. Why? Because it was incredibly cheap and bought 100% knowing I was going to install CyanogenMod from the start, I never intended it being a dedicated reader.

If B&N just learned how to provide good services to their customers I think they would have enjoyed much more success.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007

Hey would you mind giving me a link for an easy guide on how to install cyanogen? I've been meaning to do it for a while now but haven't read up the materials on xda. All I know is I need an sd card.

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Hey would you mind giving me a link for an easy guide on how to install cyanogen? I've been meaning to do it for a while now but haven't read up the materials on xda. All I know is I need an sd card.
Sure, I sent you a private message to avoid cluttering up the comments and if you have any questions maybe I could help you out also.

Status
Not open for further replies.