Samsung May Launch 8-inch Galaxy Note to Rival iPad Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
isn't the note III suppossed to have a 5000mAh battery seems odd that this is 4600mAh but i guess you have to cut corners somehow to keep prices down, phones sell for much more than tablets so it makes sense, but also odd that despite being bigger it will sport a lower resolution screen as the 6.3' note 3 is to have a 1080p screen.. still if the price is righ ti am sure there will be a market for it

no 64GB support?
no 4G support?
an 8" screen that has just a few more lines of res than most phones half it's size?
a 5MP shooter?

Either this is being rushed out the door and they are trying to use up some old parts in the process, or Sammy is slipping a bit.

The 8 core vs 4 core thing is understandable. The 8 core unit rumored for the noteIII will just be 2 quad core CPUs crammed together, one tiny quad core for basic things, and a powerful quad core for heavy workloads. The quad core that would be on this would probably just be the larger full-blown CPU.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]CaedenV[/nom]no 64GB support?no 4G support?an 8" screen that has just a few more lines of res than most phones half it's size?a 5MP shooter?Either this is being rushed out the door and they are trying to use up some old parts in the process, or Sammy is slipping a bit.The 8 core vs 4 core thing is understandable. The 8 core unit rumored for the noteIII will just be 2 quad core CPUs crammed together, one tiny quad core for basic things, and a powerful quad core for heavy workloads. The quad core that would be on this would probably just be the larger full-blown CPU.[/citation]

true, if they are trying to just run though some warehoused parts then cool, if it is priced under $250 i might even buy the wife one, sub $200 i woudl buy her one and buy a throw around one to leave in the living room for peopoe to surf and check their facebooks and such and load rpg files on to take to my rpg group night to get passed around like a communal digital rulebook

Status
Not open for further replies.