Samsung May Reveal Tizen Devices in February

Status
Not open for further replies.

obiown77

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
Regardless that apple and google dominate this market, I'm always for and interested in anything open source, I think this *could* pay off.

obiown77

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
Regardless that apple and google dominate this market, I'm always for and interested in anything open source, I think this *could* pay off.

c'mon, this is samsung we're talking about... it'll end up being the linux equivalent of iOS along with a huge push for their samsung app store...

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

Agreed. Samsung's hardware tends to be very good, but their efforts into application design need a lot of work. I use practically no Samsung apps on my S3.

The biggest gain to be seen from Tizen lies in what it might mean for Linux as a whole.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
TriedandTrue
ahhh...the little apple iDiots are always out in full force with their hate disdain and ignorance.

Where's the ignorance? I've purchased a Bada phone and used it, it's garbage. Every OS Samsung has tried to come out with is trash.

They're bundled software for the most part is not good.

They're only a player in mobile because they accepted defeat from a software level early on, and put Android which they really liked since it was free and there were no other good alternatives to justify paying for an OS. Plus Google at the time was only in the software side of the mobile space.

I've followed Tizen, it's trash. Only reason Samsung is trying to get back into building an OS is the threat of Google. Google will continue to push their own hardware that has their own software (Android) and allows zero day updates. Most importantly they can subsidize hardware cost unlike Samsung which needs high margins. AKA Amazon and the Kindle

Funny how you can write nothing but disdain and ignorance in your response but provide zero value to this thread.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
TriedandTrue
You bought a bada phone like 7 years ago? Just because you bought something in the distant past (7 years in tech is a lot) and didn;t like means everything else is trash? Only trash I see is you the iTrash poster. lol You are an iHick and never ever make any points. Just drivel from a tech illiterate iHick.

It was 3 years ago, lol. Your assumption is false. You still haven't made a single point. Again, you contribute absolutely nothing to this thread. You don't even understand Samsung's business model, short/mid/long term vision of their software. Only problem is, their software sucks, just like previous iterations.

You're a Samsung troll, go back to the cave you happen to wonder from.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
TriedandTrue

1) 3 years is also a huge amount of time in the mobile world and I bet you never owned one. I bet you are like most critics, you lie.

I bought one for $200 bucks. I have a receipt even, lol, I would not lie about buying a Bada phone, the OS sucks.

TriedandTrue
2) Just saying something sucks does not contribute one thing to this thread. Nada! You are empty even though you write huge posts on a daily basis. Get a job!

If you actually could comprehend what I wrote, it says, in summary, Samsung has never made a decent mobile OS, they should stay the course that has made them successful, ie. using other people's OS. But you can't grasp that, instead make personal attacks and think that's contribution...

TriedandTrue

3) Samsung troll? I do not even own anything from samsung. You on the other hand are an iHick.

You're defending them as a troll, not owning a product doesn't exempt you from being one.

Question: how many times are you going to get banned, create a new account and keep repeating the cycle? There's no good reason to keep creating new accounts to post on TH, just sit in the corner quietly since you offer no value to TH threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS