Question Samsung monitor detected as different model ?

akimikage

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
I have a weird problem with my monitor that I've encountered for the first time. I plugged my Samsung monitor to a friend's PC coz I was trying to fix it and when I plugged it back to my PC, I noticed that the BIOS menu became bigger and when it booted to Windows 10 the monitor became undetected by Windows. I changed the cable to a VGA cable and BIOS menu size became normal and it booted to Windows 10 fine.

Now, the monitor is stuck to low-res 1024x768 and can't change back to the native 1920x1200 even when using Nvidia's custom res maker. I went to device manager and saw that my monitor is now detected as a Samsung syncmaster 530/531 TFT (LXB550). I searched what it is and found out that it's an old CRT model with 1024x768 res. Can anyone tell me how to make Windows detect it back to a Syncmaster 2493HM model?

These are the things I've tried to no avail :

• Uninstalled monitor driver and manually installed the correct driver I used to install/install automatically with internet
  • Booted to Windows 7 and still detected as syncmaster 530/531
  • Reinstalled BIOS
  • Reinstalled Nvidia driver
  • Used integrated graphics
I'm really lost here. It's like the monitor's firmware or something got overwritten somehow ?

Edit : Oh yeah, I forgot to add that when I'm using HDMI and go to BIOS, the GUI is zoomed in and an error "This bin file is incorrect" appears.
Edit 2: Okay, now I searched for "This bin file is incorrect" error and it appears it's prevalent on MSI mobos. Freaking MSI

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS