[SOLVED] Samsung NVME 970 Plus SSD stopped working after BSOD

Aug 11, 2019
Hey, so I have this rig I built with an Asus H370-A Prime and I added a 500GB M.2 NVMe 970 EVO. It's been working fine for more than six months.
However, today I got a crazy BSOD: UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION
It didn't go over 0% for a long time so I had to hard reset the computer. After that, the SSD is not showing up anymore. My guess is that the SSD died right before the BSOD appeared, since I noticed it getting sluggish for a couple seconds. I found this post with a similar issue but no fix: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...0-evo-nvme-in-bios-anymore-cant-boot.3449256/
I had run their magician software many times and the SSD seemed fine before the crash. I was very much under the write limit and had over 100GB free. Also, even though it is not "working", the M.2 ssd is quite hot to the touch (it has always been if I recall correctly though).
I am now using an ubuntu I had installed on another drive. The SSD is not showing up on GParted as well. I also tried disabling fast boot but no luck. Other than that, the BIOS settings seem to be the exact same I had before the crash.
I also tried using it on another computer with Windows. Tried using Samsung Magician but the ssd did not appear on the list. Also went through the firmware update process, which requires formatting a flash disk with their iso and booting into it, but it didn't recognize the ssd either.
I'm really starting to thing this SSD is screwed up. That's really disappointing given that it's only 6-8 months old and I took very good care of it. If that's it, I'll have to use their RMA. I don't live in the same country as I bought the ssd anymore (bought it on Canada and I live on Sweden now). I hope they can solve my problem, because I paid almost $200 for this at the time.

Is there something else I can try before going to them?

Aug 11, 2019
Hey, thanks for your responses. I can't do any of that because the SSD simply cannot be detected at all. It doesn't show up on any tool that I tried using.

Also the BIOS on both computers I tried it are updated...

In the end they refused to provide me warranty services since I moved to Europe but bought it on North America. I'd have to ship it to the US which would cost half of the price of a new one. When I bought it it was costing $200 (double of the current price), so in the end in practice they wanted me to spend $250 to have a product that should be functioning and now costs $100, not to mention I had some data loss. Definitely will avoid buying from them again.