[SOLVED] Samsung Odyssey G5

Theuzair913

Honorable
Feb 16, 2016
Hi Guys hope you doing fine.
Ok so i had a lg 144hz 27 inch monitor( dont remember the exact model)
It was doing really fine in online fps games, everything was good game play was fantastic then i switched it with odyssey G5 27, Now im really disappointed with its performance, online games ain't no smooth, facing little ghosting and response time seems garbage. Have tried many things such as g sync, and tried different settings nothing has worked till now, now i got feeling that does it has to do with screen size?
Btw im getting over 144hz fps in game in 2k resolution, tried to lower resolution to 1080p and it is not seem to be working, updated monitor soft.
So the question is why the hell it is nit as good as 144hz 24 inch 1080p screen?
Plz help.

Solution
Look for the ULMB mode in your monitors OSD and try to tinker with it. Some monitors need a high ULMB setting, others can't work properly with it turned on.

I sent back an Alienware 1080P 240Hz monitor because the ULMB mode couldn't be set to high, which made no sense to me. I ended up getting a Dell 1440P 165Hz monitor and haven't looked back since.

Maybe changing the ULMB mode can help you out. Worth a try at least.. :)
Look for the ULMB mode in your monitors OSD and try to tinker with it. Some monitors need a high ULMB setting, others can't work properly with it turned on.

I sent back an Alienware 1080P 240Hz monitor because the ULMB mode couldn't be set to high, which made no sense to me. I ended up getting a Dell 1440P 165Hz monitor and haven't looked back since.

Maybe changing the ULMB mode can help you out. Worth a try at least.. :)

Solution