Question Samsung Odyssey G7 - - - G-Sync problem when Alt-tabbing ?

ovelionnn

Commendable
Dec 3, 2020
Hi!

So i recently got my Samsung Odyssey G7 C27G75TQSRX and i have a problem with Adaptive-Sync enabled, when i play a full screen game , every time when i alt tab or just want to go to desktop, there is a black screen for like 3-5 sec and then it goes to desktop but it also a window pops up that it is connected to display port 1. It behaves like i would disconnect and connect the cable again, coz like e.g if i open monitor menu and then alt tab, the monitor menu disappears (as i said like i would just disconnect and connect dp cable again). The problem exists only if adaptive-sync is enabled in monitor menu and a game is in full screen mode.

I have an RTX 3070 ti.

Things i have tried:
  • Other ports/ different dp cable.
  • Different nvidia settings, like only 8bit/scaling options/ gsync only for full screen/ refresh rate application controlled or full refresh rate etc.
  • Set windows to lower refresh rate, that the game actually supports e. g. 60/144hz
  • Different monitor settings (Enable vrr control, dp port 1.2 and 1.4)
This occurs regardless of fps in a game i feel like, coz it happens in: menu 60fps, in game that has around 80-110fps and in a game that i have stable 240fps.
Also my windows has 239,958hz refresh rate, but i went to all modes and chose 240hz and my resolution so it should be at 240hz, im not sure why it is under a bit but as i said it shouldn't matter coz it happens even when i set refresh rate to 144hz.

Thanks for helping!

ovelionnn

Commendable
Dec 3, 2020
Anyone? I mean im not sure if it's a problem, if this can dmg something or not. Maybe this how better gsync works and it has to reset input for short time to make it work properly idk. Just want to add that this wasn't the case on my AOC c24g1 monitor with gsync enabled

ovelionnn

Commendable
Dec 3, 2020
No, i have the newest firmware, also installed drivers.I've heard some ppl have this too, also fixed with new install windows or like windows update fixed it, idk i don't want to install windows again and i have all updates.