Question Samsung Odyssey G7 randomly changing brightness & color hue ?

stethnorun

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2014
I have a UPS label all ready to go to send this monitor back and get it repaired/replaced, but I'm just curious if anyone knows anything about this issue. The dimming is almost like a theater mode that clicks off when I move the mouse (but it happens randomly). And the color hue is totally random and click back to normal randomly. The hue itself is a kind of yellow. The problem also seems to be getting more frequent.

D

Deleted member 362816

I didn't have this particular issue with my old G7 but I did have a weird screen flicker that just wouldn't go away. Took it back to Walmart got a new one and the issue went away. I feel your best bet is to send it back for repair/replacement just to be safe.

D

Deleted member 362816

Interesting. Yeah I couldn't ever see going back to flat (or smaller than 32 inches) again. Guess I'm spoiled.

You like what you like, I can afford any monitor on the market, I choose to be cheap at this point in time. I did like the curve allot for gaming, Hated it with a passion for text. g7 4k 28" 144HZ IPS has caught my attention but haven't made the move yet.

I have a UPS label all ready to go to send this monitor back and get it repaired/replaced, but I'm just curious if anyone knows anything about this issue. The dimming is almost like a theater mode that clicks off when I move the mouse (but it happens randomly). And the color hue is totally random and click back to normal randomly. The hue itself is a kind of yellow. The problem also seems to be getting more frequent.

Turn off all power saving and automatic brightness modes in the monitor, see if that helps.

stethnorun

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2014
Okay, so update, I put my old monitor back in place thinking I was going to ship back the Samsung. But then the old monitor did the screen dimming thing too. Now I'm thinking it has something to do with my video card. It's an entirely new system and everything works great other than this. It's an RTX 3080. I am using older drivers (Nvidia's last "Standard" drivers from back in December) because that's the only way I can have the Nvidia Control Panel functional (the new DCH drivers come with some microsoft store version that will not work on my system). So is this probably a driver issue? Or does it sound like actual hardware issues?