Samsung Offering Battery Replacements to GS4 Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

chewbakaats58

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
haven't had any issues with mine...a lot of use and battery lasts for 12 hours...otherwise it is good for 15-16 hours until my nightly charge

This is one of the reasons I went with it over some of the other phones or instead of waiting for the HTC One to come to Verizon. That and the expandable storage is a big plus.

I also haven't had any issues but will have to check on it. I know when I first got my phone the battery would get to 60% by the end of the day and that was after pretty heavy use, since it was new and exciting.

I haven't had it die one me yet by the time I go to bed and I use it quite a bit for work and play.

But its nice to see that kind of customer commitment. I have seen a lot of companies ignore user issues until it gets blown up in the media. I didn't even hear about this until now and Samsung is already fixing the issue which is great honestly.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
I ended up moving from using a smartphone, to using an older flip phone and a tablet.

If I need more advanced functionality, I use the tablet, but for basic calls I use the flip phone. I prefer this since I only have to worry about the batteries once a week.

With infrequent use tablet with a good battery can go a few days between charges (eg, I use mine for mainly taking notes and recording lectures)

wifi coverage is good and I have a VPN so those are fine, bu tif there is an emergency, I can tether the tablet to the flip phone using bluetooth and get about 1.5mbit/s.

Hopefully one day these companies will figure out a way to make these phones go a week on a single charge with normal use. or at least add a second board that is essentially a PCB used in a dumb/ feature phone, then offer a way to switch to them if all you need to do is make calls and do other very basic things.

I've got a Seidio extended battery for it, and along with Android 4.3 (Google Experience), I only have to charge it about twice per week, that is without even having to remember to switch radios on/off according to location.
Samsung should do like they did for SGS2 and offer a larger capacity battery (3000-3500mAh) as an option. It would add very little to the overall size of the phone.

computernerdforlife

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
I have this exact phone but the problem is: I upgraded the battery of the phone to a new one that has 4800mAh and it still sucks the battery dry doing nothing unless it's in power save mode, then it lasts days. I'll get used to the dim power save screen, I suppose... not very cool.

super-smashman

Honorable
May 8, 2012
I've been impressed with the battery life of my GS4.

I can forget to charge it overnight and it will last into the next no no problem. If it does get near dead I just put it in Power Saving mode and then the battery doesn't budge...

It also charges REALLY fast. I use the wall charger that came with it and it's full from a day's use in like an hour.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Atleast its not late excuses like "your holding it wrong!", some companies don't piss on their (stupid?) customers but rather fix the real issue!

jewie27

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
I called Samsung yesterday and they have no clue and said "third party" articles not from Samsung are not official. They refused to give me a battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.