Samsung Officially Unveils Metal Clad Galaxy J Smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Awfully sharp. This will stop a lot of the "cheap plastic" comments that are often directed at Samsung products.

If the new S5 look this good and has the the build quality to go with it, just about everyone else (especially Apple) is going to have to really step up their game.

Metal construction
2560x1440 AMOLED Display
3GB RAM
Micro SD slot
16 MP camera with OIS
Big battery
Snapdragon 805 or better
Android 4.4 or better

I don't think any of that is out of the realm of being a very real possibility and if this thing is indeed released in early Q1, it's going to be a long wait til September for Apple.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010

Samsung can thank their huge advertising budget. HTC One is considered by many to be the best Android device upon release.

The only advantage that the HTC One has is the aluminum frame, which I consider a disadvantage since it makes it heavier and did not allow for a microSD or removable battery. Other than that the S4 beat it in every spec. Faster CPU, larger storage capacity and better screen. The camera was a toss up as it depends on the light.

One thing people did say was since the One was aluminum it would not crack. True but most One users I saw had a case, defeating the purpose as a case on any phone protects it from cracking, scratches etc.

I like the HTC One but hate the weight and no microSD/removable battery.

This looks really good. Now I'm waiting on Samsung to thin down the extras in the OS ((that's why I have a SGS4 GPE), give up the capacitive buttons ((not to mention the hardware home button), or at least replace the menu button (eliminated by Android since 3.0) with the multitasking one.
Samsung sells because of their screens and available radios, not because of legacy stuff that needs to go. I understand the need for a unified interface/looks, but a change is overdue.

Grandmastersexsay

Honorable
May 16, 2013
Now the idiots who wanted a heavier phone that sacrifices shock absorption but uses the same space age material found in iphones and soda cans, will be happy.

I can't blame Samsung for pandering to the idiots out there. As they say, a fool and his money will soon be parted.

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
I am all for more varieties but I would still prefer carbonate plastic housing ... all my previous iphones with metal housings looked like shit after 3-4 months of use... was especially obvious in black colored one. Besides during couple of drops the plastic of older Galaxies fared better and was much easier to replace.

Metal housing does not guarantee good design or quality construction... I mean look at new ipads ... freaking glue everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.