Samsung on Apple Peace: "The Ball's in Their Court"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]Food4Thought[/nom]Samsung was making the iPhone and stole the idea. Everyone forgets after a couple years. The patent laws say that it is to a valid patent unless you protect it. Apple is doing what it is supposed to by chasing the folks that stole their tech ( and violated a manufacturing relationship ). Google's Schmidt was on the board of Apple and saw they were coming out with iPhone and made the android OS. They had to hurry so they stole the OS from Sun (java based). Apple thought they had trusted friends and found out that they had let the wolves into the hen house. All phone were pretty bad until Apple helped us all by setting high standards. Don't know how it should all end, but I can see why Apple feels about Samsung and Google.[/citation]

There were phones that looked similar to the iPhone before the iPhone was even in the market too. Samsung didn't steal the iPhone from Apple, Google didn't steal Android from Sun, and so on. IDK how you can even claim that Android is stolen form Sun purely because it uses Java (it's not even based on Java, it's based on one of the C languages with Java used off of the Linux platform). To use Java is not stealing from Sun. That's like saying that to use the Linux kernel in a Linus distribution is stealing from Linus Torvalds despite the fact that it's freely given from him. An even more accurate analogy would be to say that your claim is like saying that to write anything in any other computer programming language is stealing from its owner and/or creator(s).

Furthermore, not even close to all phones were bad before Apple released the iPhone. There were many, many good and even great phones before it. Some of them were arguably better than the iPhone except for only one thing: the app store.

Even better. Apple is guilty of the stealing that you claim far more than just about any other modern company. Do you remember the first iPod? It was an exact clone of an MP3 player from another company at the time. An exact clone, unlike Samsung's phones compared to Apple's phones (heck, Apple had to use doctored photos in a US lawsuit just to make their point because the Samsung phones weren't similar enough for their claims).

If anything, Apple is simply pissed that they're not getting almost all of the gravy on the gravy train anymore.apple didn't look at their *partners* as trusted friends; they've never done that. Just look how they dumped Motorola back in the day without much notice at all. Apple's *partners* are just tools for them to use until they find a more convenient tool to do the job.

Also, if Apple sets the high standards, then why were their phones (also iPods and many other products of theirs) always among the most easily broken devices, among the easiest to damage the paint and such even through normal wear and tear, and much more? Especially recently, why did Apple throw their Maps app out when it wasn't even remotely ready for consumer usage without so much as a beta flag? At least Google had the respect for their customers to call Google Maps a beta or worse until it was matured. Apple didn't even do that much and they intentionally make their devices both easily broken and difficult to fix.

sulanis

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
samsung has to take the higher road because apple head is so far in the clouds they would have to take a MAJOR hit for them to realize they are being idiotic and incredibly selfish.

sam buddy

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]I'm the only person on Tom's who actually talks about issues instead of everyone else who post things like "Apple needs to die" or "Apple sucks".[/citation]
Contrary to what you may believe, I have never posted anything like "Apple needs to die" or "Apple sucks", in this or any other place. I am not a fanboy of any company in the known universe. Also, your "issues" are one-sided, non-neutral, and totally miss the biggest part of the picture.

[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]Case in point, sharksman stating the "two of the main patents used in this case" when in fact only one was actually part of this case.[/citation]
Sharksman can reply himself on this (if he bothers at all answering to someone so smart, calling him an idiot). Still, if I'm correct, this case involved 7 patents and, though I haven't checked, mistakes do happen. But then again, you only see Apple haters, and his post is definitely not a "case in point" to the kind of posts you suggest anyway.

[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]Another case in point: your stupid post that Apple wants Samsung to not make phones.[/citation]
I called you "biased" and "fanboy", which you've proved you are. You, on the other hand, keep calling everyone who disaggrees with your opinion, an idiot and stupid.
Trolling fanboy with an attitude, and no real arguments.
And, yes, Apple would definitely like Samsung to not make phones. Especially Android ones, what's so strange about it? They have tried to ban any Samsung phones could inhibit sales of their iPhone, haven't they?
Anyway, that was S.Jobs way of doing business. Here's an older, but characteristic example, because people tend to forget:

http://jonathanischwartz.wordpress.com/2010/03/09/good-artists-copy-great-artists-steal/

It's an interesting read for everyone. It also involves Microsoft, and highlights Apple's and Microsoft's common business practices trough the years.

[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]Seriously? Is this the kind of garbage you actually believe?[/citation]

Yes, I do, sort of. Every single company out there would like to see their rivals struggle , so they can get more market. This is usually accomplished through competition, very stiff in this case.
Unfortunately, this does not happen in this world, at least not anymore. Apple have gone too far, indirectly trying to steal market away using the flawed patent system. No wonder they are following the example of every other patent troll outhere. They only buy patents to go after their rivals, while most of their rivals buy patents mainly to defend themselves from the likes of Apple.
Do you believe that every company should do business like that? I'd rather like they used their patents more defensively, and push for a real reform of the patent system, as other companies are doing. This is not just about a company getting richer and richer, it's about far more important things for all of us, including freedom.
I really feel for all those fresh start-ups out there, they'll drown in the sea, before they get a chance to learn how to swim.

[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]Bring up a few "made-up" points to try and support your argument? Pathetic.[/citation]
You lost me here. My argument was that the patent system is severely flawed, and that Apple is using it to grow their market. It wasn't solely about Apple, got that? Every single sentence you write drips bias.
Made-up? They may be made-up to you, but each and every single one is true in more than one context. I actually like to think for myself, and, as far as I know, if any one made them up, it's us. People are still sensible you know... (hope you don't mind, Mr. Issues).

[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]Sorry, not going to leave. Too much entertainment value in rattling the cages of the haters. And it's so damned easy to do.[/citation]
Nobody asked you to leave. It's just your way of interpreting things, just as you see haters everywhere. I just said you should post your biased comments to a place with like-minded people. That way you can get even more entertainment. But, wait... you're a fanboy! You get more pleasure when bashing people with different opinions and views. At least you "get" something.
Yes, it's easy to do for a pro troll, that's what trolls do. By the way, I thought trolls eat sheep, but as an Apple fanboy, I guess you must be vegetarian.

[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]Just post up a fact about Apple and watch the $hit fly.[/citation]
This holds true for all others, too. But you probably only notice that when Apple is involved. Fanboy much?

[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]Ironic you telling me to find a another place to post when you haters can't even skip over the Apple threads on Tom's to post in ones about products you actually use. Hypocrite.[/citation]
Firstly, this is a Samsung news post, which also happens to concern Apple. It's you who cannot skip it.
We've had enough proof of your fanboyism, please rest now.
Secondly, my current phone is a humble N86, S60 FP2 (I've got my own reasons for that). Hopefully, my next one will run Sailfish. It's not about what I use, and it's definitely not about brands or specific products. The reason you can't get what it is about, is because you're wearing Apple glasses.
If you're looking for hypocrites, then re-read your posts. Truth hurts and sometimes it's also hard to get.

[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]BTW I never hated MS or IBM. In fact, I usually stick up for them against the idiots (yes I can call someone who posts lies and mis-information an idiot). As I said, listening to you is just standing on the street corner listening to the hippies protest. Always gotta "stick it to the man".[/citation]
I find that hard to believe, your posts tell me you're very capable at that. By the way, your definition of an idiot covers the worlds population, apart from you, of course. How about Apple modifying images to _mislead_ the court? Oh, I forgot, the only man who talks issues, thinks it's not an issue.
Yeah, "stick it to the man"! Unfortunately, "the man is keeping us down", and Apple makes for a fine example. (By the way, you troll on hippies protests, too?).

Anyway, sorry for not considering your posts serious enough, to give you a serious answer. This is going nowhere, just like the patent system. Sooner or later, we're going to have to face it's ultimate consequences, and we will all know who to "thank" for that. They all will deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.