Samsung P2770HD vs. T24A350

barneskd

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
I'm in the market for a monitor with a built in HDTV tuner and I've narrowed it down to two: the Samsung P2770HD and the Samsung T24A350. The P2770HD is a 27" LCD while the T24A350 is a 24" LED and both have a max res of 1920x1080. I'll be using it for watching TV (obviously), movies/Netflix, word processing, some light AI, PS, and Dreamweaver work, and a bit of gaming. I'd imagine the 27" would be better for watching TV/movies/Netflix as it is a larger viewing area (I know it's the same res as the 24", but still a larger area) and the 24" would be better for gaming, but is gaining the LED worth giving up 3"?

baxmax

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011

I was deciding between the two and bought the T24A350. I was not able to find anywhere that had a P2770HD to see in real-life, but I have seen Samsung's 27" TVs and for my purposes (in a kitchen on the wall, where most work is going to be done within 3 feet) it seemed a little too big.

One issue I'm having is that it isn't accepting my component inputs from my cable box which my previous Sony 20" multi-function monitor had no problem displaying. The connection uses a weird mini-jack dongle that isn't very sturdy. All of the connections are vertical which adds extra cable strain, but the unit is flatter than the P2770. It is very bright, but the viewing angle doesn't seem that much better than LCD screens that I've used, including the previous multifunction monitor. So it's kind of a wash right now.

barneskd

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Thanks for the feedback. I actually ordered the P2770HD last night, ha. I have a feeling it's going to take a little while to get used to its size - I'm used to a 22" at home and a 24" at work. I went with the P2770HD for no other reason than that it will be easier to use as a TV in my room as it is bigger. It also doesn't hurt that being able to work on large Word, Excel, and Visio docs will be a bit easier as I'll be able to zoom out and fit more on the screen; in my profession that is a big help. If the size becomes a burden when trying to play games then I may have to trade it in for the T24A350 and take the hit on the productivity side of things, we'll see.