Samsung PB22-J 256GB SSD is Sizzling Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

"And to top that all off, the onboard SSD controller is also built by Samsung – a bold move, considered by some. For comparison, Intel uses a Promise made SSD controller and OCZ makes use of the popular JMicron controller chip."

Your information is out of date, read the anadtech SSD anthology article.

daft

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2008
[citation][nom]spazoid[/nom]In the article, the cache is described as one Gb, not one GB.[/citation]
"This 256 GB SDD consists of sixteen K9MDGZ8U5M-SCK0 Multi-Layer Cell (MLC) flash chips along with a 1 GB K4X1G323PD-8GC6 DDR cache chip."
notice the capitalized GB

spazoid

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
Yes, that is my point. The original article states "1 Gb" and the THG recap interprets this as "1 GB". Which statement is the correct one, I do not know, but if it is indeed a 1 Gbyte (8 Gb) cache, then I must say it is very impressive.

neogodless

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
I've only seen the little "b" intentionally used to indicated bit in bandwidth, not storage size. But then I haven't seen everything everywhere forever.

1 GB (gigabyte) is quite likely.

G

The cache memory chip is described as 1 gigabit on the samsung website which means that it is indeed 128megabyte... The corsair is therefore identical to the Samsung.

Status
Not open for further replies.