[SOLVED] samsung phone wont connect to wifi for long

waterpleb

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2014
pc will connect to wifi, but samsung in the same room although connects wont stay connected and wont play youtube videos. Can I improve my phones range. Also it has no sim, does this matter I just want to watch youtube videos on my samsung phone using wifi

thanks.

Solution
No sim shouldn't be an issue. WiFi only phones are semi common. If it won't connect for long I suspect the wifi is dying on it. Either the antenna is breaking or some other part. My first two phones died that way. Cell worked just fine but the wifi was shot. One of them was an S2.

4745454b

Titan
No sim shouldn't be an issue. WiFi only phones are semi common. If it won't connect for long I suspect the wifi is dying on it. Either the antenna is breaking or some other part. My first two phones died that way. Cell worked just fine but the wifi was shot. One of them was an S2.

Solution
Feb 19, 2020
Have you tried a different phone?
Have you tried a different router? (Usually it's the router)

What samsung phone is it?
What router do you have?
How old is it?
What are the model numbers for both the phone and the router you're connected to when experiencing this issue?

waterpleb

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2014
Have you tried a different phone?
Have you tried a different router? (Usually it's the router)

What samsung phone is it?
What router do you have?
How old is it?
What are the model numbers for both the phone and the router you're connected to when experiencing this issue?
model for phone is samsung GT s7275r

thanks for the reply

it actually worked for a while i could watch a few seconds of a youtube video so it is able to connect breifly . signal strenght says good. it may be because its an old phone. I bought it used,

not sure about the router my pc is able to connect to it fine in the same room as the phone. It may be the phone is not able to reach the range needed.

waterpleb

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2014
thanks for the tip man, it may be that the antenna is on the way out. I bought the phone used, sometimes it connects briefly and says connection is good. then disconnects.