Samsung Portable SSD T5 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xajel

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
@Tech2020, When you buy more storage price per GB should go lower...

Regardless of that, I really loved WD My Passport SSD design much better, not to mention it is smaller and also it uses standard M.2 form factor inside which is the newer standard that should replace mSATA.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I'm not saying I need an external SSD, just something I would try, and I would go for an expensive enclosure to protect that much SSD. Maybe something from Lacie. I would certainly sit down and do research first.

I let my office provide all my 'work' equipment (which these days amounts to a basic business class laptop, everything is in the cloud now or a least remote...). At home it is just a gaming build.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
This is rather upsetting. So the T3 is old and 2TB is still that expensive. I don't believe it for a minute.

The other issue is that my laptop does not have an M.2 port, but it has an mSATA port and I have been looking to upgrade my 1TB mSATA to a 2 or 4TB model (Which technically don't exist)(Bull S*)

Why won't they release the 2TB mSATA in the T3 or the T5 as a standalone mSATA product so I can put a 2TB mSATA in my laptop for a reasonable price.... Like less than $400.

Status
Not open for further replies.