[SOLVED] Samsung portable SSD T7

PDN

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
I have this Samsung external drive which used to have partitions; 100MB healthy EFI next, C 465 G,B + 625 recovery.
I need to reestablish those partitions but have done a bad job with Windows and third part tools. It is a functional drive without the partitions I need to boot from Macrium to recover an image when necessary.
Cana you direct me as to how to regain these partitions. I cannot grasp the numbers when making a simple volume or when formatting etc. Understanding the numbers,. if that is part of this, is the place that stumps me.
Can you please help?

Solution
In Disk 2, the leftmost partition is 16MB. That is simply the file table space. Ignore.
The other partition is the whole 465GB.

Under Disk 1, click on "Image this disk..."
Follow the prompts and it will guide you to making that Image file on the "D drive"

PDN

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
The partitions came with the drive, and I am the one who messed them up. It is a single drive now, with nothing on it, and it does function as a drive however, I use it with Macrium to image to this external drive from my computer.
When I get to my computer, I will do my best to upload some thing you can see per your directions.
Before I get to uploading, when I get home in a day or two, I just wanted to reiterate, I need to re-create the petitions as I mentioned above for learning as well as anything else. I can back up to the drive as a single partition. Old and not techy but want to learn how to do this.

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
The partitions came with the drive, and I am the one who messed them up. It is a single drive now, with nothing on it, and it does function as a drive however, I use it with Macrium to image to this external drive from my computer.
When I get to my computer, I will do my best to upload some thing you can see per your directions.
Awaiting your screencap.

But...with Macrium, did you do a Clone or an Image?

PDN

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
I cloned once, and found out to my dismay that an entire drive was consumed. I didn’t realize that I have been imaging for the last 15 years and have relied upon Macrium heavily.

USAFRet

Titan
I cloned once, and found out to my dismay that an entire drive was consumed. I didn’t realize that I have been imaging for the last 15 years and have relied upon Macrium heavily.
Yes, cloning was the wrong choice for what you were trying to do.

That is why all those partitions exist.

You do NOT need to reestablish those partitions. Those are a copy of what existed on your C drive at the time.

What you need to do is DELETE all of those, leaving one large blank space.
Use that drive to hold Images in Macrium.

PDN

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
I will look for a tutorial on YouTube to learn to use the numbers/sizes for new simple volume etc. even though I can use this drive as is to image. I would like to learn how to create partitions.

I am now trying to geta pic to you using imgur.com but not having luck

Last edited:

PDN

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
I am trying to get a pik to you but got a new keyboard last week and having trouble. I Googled imgur.com you said to try but not working for me. How do I do it?

USAFRet

Titan
I notice my C: has 3 partitions but I assume because they were created for purposes other than the disc 1 is made for.
The partitions on your Disk 0 are all part of the OS.
EFI = what it boots from
C contains "Windows"
Recovery is created when Windows does one of the semi annual updates. And can sometimes be used to "fix things".

It is supposed to be like that.

PDN

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
When I look at disc management the drive seems to be one partition but when I open Macrium to image there are two partitions and almost the same size. Macrium won't allow for an image t due to space.