Question Samsung Printer Support. Anyone know a UK (or other) support email or tel no for Samsung printers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcritchley07

Honorable
Feb 8, 2015
Anyone know a UK (or other) support email or tel no for Samsung printers? I have CLP-680ND which works one day and not the next. It is on strike todays and will not work whatever I do - unplug/replug USB connection, power etc. Troubleshooter can't even find the printer. It even asks me to download some SW which is already there and when I say 'OLK it can't find it and goes into a loop!
Only a good answer stands between this printer and the local rubbish tip.

tcritchley07

Honorable
Feb 8, 2015
Samsung UK support page may be what you are looking for.
Samsung UK support page may be what you are looking for.
Thanks Nigel but EVERY line I pursue from this link and several others I have uncovered lead absolutely nowhere. I have reloaded all the SW I can find, followed all hints about power off/on, disconnect/reconnect and I think the next step has to be the local rubbish tip and a new printer (but not a Samsung one). No error messages, print queue waiting to be serviced and total peace and quite prevails. I won't repro all the links/telnos I have chased up and they all lead to the same blank wall. By contrast, I have a Brother printer by the Samsung's side which works and support is fast, accurate and easy to find.

tcritchley07

Honorable
Feb 8, 2015
Sorry it didn't help. I had hopes the phone number under <Call - Learn more>, or the Chat link would do it.
Spike, I went of the Grand Tour of 2 tel nos and 2 websites, all sending me back to the source of all the drivers. I wasn't sure which ones I really need but downloaded the likely ones ( man, many Mbs) and still it didn't work, I then downloaded a 'clp-680ND' drivers from https://www.freeprinterdriverdownload.org/download-samsung-clp-680nd-driver/ and bingo, it worked. If anyone know exactly which drivers/SW downloads I need I'd appreciate knowing. I could do with getting ride of the other stuff if I don't need it.
Terry

tcritchley07

Honorable
Feb 8, 2015
Personally, I would not use the free driver website. Those are often full of malware.

HP actually has official software/drivers listed here, these I would trust.

https://support.hp.com/sg-en/driver...-laser-printer-series/16462332/model/16462336
Friend, there are a dozen or more pieces of software on that site and that is where I downloaded what appeared to be what I needed but it didn't solve the problem. Can someone tell me exactly which of these files I need?

tcritchley07

Honorable
Feb 8, 2015
You should only need the basic driver for most printing needs. The one labeled:

Samsung Universal Print Driver for Windows
That's the one I downloaded form a non-HP site but if I can find it again on site you said I'll delete all others and start again. Thanks.
In return, if you want to know anything about IBM's old Card BPS operating system, I'm your man. Yes, it existed - an OS, compiler etc all on punch cards. Ditto the Zulu War of 1879.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
That's the one I downloaded form a non-HP site but if I can find it again on site you said I'll delete all others and start again. Thanks.
In return, if you want to know anything about IBM's old Card BPS operating system, I'm your man. Yes, it existed - an OS, compiler etc all on punch cards. Ditto the Zulu War of 1879.
Oh the memories...makes me recollect the good ol' days (mostly good, anyway).

tcritchley07

Honorable
Feb 8, 2015
I've deleted the non-HP Samsung clp-680 universal driver and tried the HP site one but it still cannot recognise my printer which printed a few hours ago. I tried this one again:
https://www.freeprinterdriverdownload.org/download-samsung-clp-680nd-driver/
but going though that I found it had the same problem, which it didn't yesterday I'd just deleted the other Samsung driver files as you said I didn't need them but was one of them the recognition SW? I am getting very confused over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.