Question Samsung Profits Dropped 60% In Q1 2019

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Maybe Samsung should try incorporating ESS Sabre Quad-DAC to their flagship for a change?!?!
Samsung phones have nice display, but lacking in the audio department.

And stop including those throw away AKG earbuds. They ruin the musical experience.

For a real change, Samsung should try to teaming up with HiFiMAN or Audeze or Shure for some nice flagship package deal.

Last edited:

Tanyac

Reputable
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6. I'd love to upgrade, but the S10 is around $1,799. The S6 cost me $499.
Ain't gonna happen.

I'd like to upgrade the memory in almost a dozen PCs as well as upgrade the 250GB SSDs I have. Prices haven't flinched from the over-inflated prices of 2018.

Seems to me all these people blaming price decreases need to take a reality pill. Prices (at least here), are still so high the problem is lack of sales because people just can't afford to buy their products. Same deal for Intel, nVidia and AMD (and the motherboard manufacturers - $1600 for a motherboard - get real!)

tazmo8448

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
As the prices of DRAM and NAND flash products have continued to drop, so have Samsung's profits. However, the company expects its business to stabilize by 2H.

Samsung Profits Dropped 60% In Q1 2019 : Read more
well they certainly have the SSD market in their pocket. My first thought was ...yeah everybody bought the SSD's back in the day...that blew up the profit margin now it has settled a bit and more companies are in on it...there for a while they were the Gold Standard when it came to SSD's. Phones eh...TV's? at one time yeah now no...hey... the big dogs got their bonuses and now there are a lot of dogs after the same bone.

chetmaster12

Honorable
Jan 19, 2015
Pretty hard for me to feel bad for them... acquiring Harman group (and seeing how far down-hill that company has gone in the last few years) isn't making me like them very much. As far as I'm concerned they bought Harman for AKG, because companies like Studer, Crown, Dbx, Lexicon an BSS have relatively little to do with the rest of Samsung.

And none of those companies are really doing anything spectacular anymore. They're being milked for the name. Studer built a strong name on tape decks (see A827) and broadcast consoles, Crown on amplifiers, etc. I don't see these companies leading the way they once did.

At some point, a company just gets too big (with a product range that is far too diverse) to function.

TRENDING THREADS