[SOLVED] Samsung Q60T for PC gaming?

Jeff_120

Honorable
Dec 11, 2016
Hello
I don't have a big place for TV in my summer home bedroom, just 43 or 50'', I also don't want to pay too much for this secondary TV that I will use only 2 months a year.
I already checked Sony's X800H and TCL C715 , the sony is ips and a bt expensive for what it offers (650$) , the TCL C715 is minimum 55'' so i won't fit.
Samsung has TU7000 and 8000 here as well as Q60T , no Q70T
I am checking now the Q60T in 43 and 49'', it checks everything for a solid PC gaming TV, VA panel, wider color gamut , enough HDMI, low input lag....at the perfect sizes for me.
Q80T is available in 49'' but as I understood at this size it doesn't have real advantages as it's also a 60hz panel and HDMI is not 2.1 like with the +55''
Don't lose your time trying to convince me that an HDMI 2.1 is needed for next gen games....AAA games which are the games I play will not run above 75fps at 4K even with the beast Geforce 3090, a Geforce 4070 or 4080 will neither, perhaps with the Geforce 5080 meaning in at least 4 years, and even so in 4 years AAA games will be more demanding so it's not sure at all we will get 4k 120fps. And no I don't play multiplayer games like pubg.

So I am still searching for some answers for the Q60T:
-How's response time? is the blur obvious with anything fast or it must be very fast?
-Any ghosting/reverse ghosting like with the Q80T/Q90T?
-Any other ''bugs'' that the Q70T/Q80T/Q90T have like scanline and dirty screen?

Solution
When you've mentioned VA panel, you should know that they tend to have bad response times, backlight bleeding issues and image retention aka ghosting, somewhat similar to a TN panel. IPS panels remove the above issues but they come at a higher cost. Are you physically limited to a max 50" panel due to the room's size or the area where you want to locate/mount the panel? Perhaps you can look into a retractable wall mount to avoid obstacles...?

Lutfij

Titan
When you've mentioned VA panel, you should know that they tend to have bad response times, backlight bleeding issues and image retention aka ghosting, somewhat similar to a TN panel. IPS panels remove the above issues but they come at a higher cost. Are you physically limited to a max 50" panel due to the room's size or the area where you want to locate/mount the panel? Perhaps you can look into a retractable wall mount to avoid obstacles...?

Solution