Question Samsung Q95A TV with Geforce 4080 Losing Signal

raging_prole

Prominent
Jan 18, 2022
Hi,

I've had my PC connected to my Samsung Q95A TV for over a year now with no problems (HDMI 2.0 running 4k@60hz). The PC is also connected to a 1440p monitor. A couple of weeks ago I upgraded my GPU from a 1080 TI to a 4080. It worked fine for maybe a week, and then the problems started. First, I started losing the signal between the PC and TV when I'd try to enable HDR. A couple of days later, Game Mode started causing the same problem. Now, I can't enable input signal plus at all because the TV immediately stops recognizing the GPU and the signal drops.

My setup was a bit wonky before because it was a 15m HDMI cable, so I got a new 10m fiber optic 48gbps cable hoping that would solve the problem. I am now able to set it to 4K@120hz with RGB color and all that good stuff, but it still cuts out if I try to use Game Mode or enable input signal plus. I also had to change the sleep mode settings on my PC because that would also mess up the connection.

It seems that people had this exact problem with the 3000 series as well, but I haven't seen any solutions. Does anyone know if the 3000-series issues ended up getting solved via a firmware/NVIDIA driver update? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

raging_prole

Prominent
Jan 18, 2022
Yeah, I've been checking for firmware updates but there hasn't been anything new. There were some new NVIDIA drivers released yesterday. I tried things out after installing them but the problem is still there.

raging_prole

Prominent
Jan 18, 2022
Nope, the monitor works just fine. Yeah, I tried doing a clean install of the drivers as well, that didn't work either. I got a brand new Corsair RM850x PSU to go with the card.