Question Samsung QVO 1tb SSD inconsistent write speeds

lazadam400

Prominent
Oct 19, 2020
Hello there,
I have been trying to figure out why my Samsung QVO 1tb SSD is having incontinent write speeds with crystaldiskmark benchmark and copy/paste operations

I ran the first benchmark followed by the second one with a few minutes of time difference, as you can see the SEQ1M Q8T1 is dropped to 84.52 MB/s so as the other tests too.
I also did some ISO files sequential copy/paste in the same drive, and it seems to drop very quickly to 80mb/s
I have tried a fresh windows 10 install to rule out any OS issues but noting seemed to make a difference.
I have TRIM enabled also ran optimization task a few times. I made sure I have S.M.A.R.T and AHCI modes enabled from the bios.

here are some specs info about my system.

CPU: amd ryzen 7 2700x
MOBO: asus strix b470-f gaming
GPU: GTX 1080 TI

I am thinking maybe this due to the limitation of the model QVO ssd? not sure what's going on here

Annotation-2020-10-21-095405.png
SSD-BENCHMARK.png

USAFRet

Titan
"I also did some ISO files sequential copy/paste in the same drive, and it seems to drop very quickly to 80mb/s "

Yes, that happens with ALL drives.
A QVO especially. Once it runs out that initial cache space, it drops quite quickly.

lazadam400

Prominent
Oct 19, 2020
"I also did some ISO files sequential copy/paste in the same drive, and it seems to drop very quickly to 80mb/s "

Yes, that happens with ALL drives.
A QVO especially. Once it runs out that initial cache space, it drops quite quickly.
so is that the case for the benchmark too? running out of the cache memory space for the write

lazadam400

Prominent
Oct 19, 2020
Reboot, and run it again.
Also, what does Samsung Magician report?

So i did reboot the computer, ran crystaldiskmark. The first run was good i was getting around 526 MB/S for write. After that i did some file copying and waited a little bit then ran crystaldiskmark again and as you can see i am down to 80 mb/s. Everything on Samsung Magician seem to be normal

Screenshot-2020-10-26-221519.png

Screenshot-2020-10-26-221903.png