News Samsung Reveals First AMD FreeSync Pro TVs, Quantum Mini LED Gaming Monitors

Considering that Samsung's TV lineup for 2021 already included HDMI 2.1's VRR capabilities and 4k120, it's not shocking they got Freesync Pro certification as well. They pretty much met all the required specifications out of the box.

Frankly, we're at the point where TV's have started to outperform PC Displays as far as built-in capabilities go. Which is a shocking turnaround from just a decade ago.

I'm seriously considering one of Samsung's Mini-LED TVs as my next primary display. I love my OLED (LG B6) to death, but sadly a year of WFH has kind of exposed OLEDs flaws; the panel wear if becoming quite evident. I know newer OLEDs are more resistant to this type of degradation, but it looks like Mini-LED is "close enough" to OLED picture quality wise where I'll accept the downgrade in quality.

Meh call me when they have a MicroLED gaming monitor

Yeah, that's where things are probably headed. Still a few years to get everything affordable to the point where they can shrink it down below the 88" form factor and still turn a profit though. Mini-LED is kind of the halfway step until Micro-LED gets ready for primetime. But once Micro-LED is ready, we'll basically have a better version of OLED without OLEDs downsides.

Frankly, we're at the point where TV's have started to outperform PC Displays as far as built-in capabilities go. Which is a shocking turnaround from just a decade ago.
This has surprised me as well, as I figured they'd be at least on parity with each other. But I figure the manufacturers think most people who use computers are fine with cheapo TN 60Hz panels and the only people who want features are PC gamers. But there's plenty of people who watch content on their big screen and you can sell them with buzzwords and comparison videos.