Samsung Reveals New Line of Laptops for Gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Badass, now how about cramming all that hardware in a 15inch laptop?

Inferno1217

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Ther are some Gamers that need to be mobile or just want both a desktop solution and a mobile solution.[citation][nom]bebangs[/nom]serious gamers dont buy laptop for their games.[/citation]

Weight? Can you at least lift it with a pick up truck?

What a waste of money, really. Like the Qosmio series and 17" gaming notebooks.

It's better to have a "jack of all trades" in this case. Compare the value of that thing against an Asus N53JF or a N53SV; even the ROG notebooks from them are crap against those 2 particular lines, geez.

Cheers!

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
Expensive and doesnt feature the ability to disable the graphics card (from what I can see)? That things gonna have like a 2 hour battery life... max... maybe an hour while gaming.

Archean

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
[citation][nom]bebangs[/nom]serious gamers dont buy laptop for their games.[/citation]

I would rephrase it like this:

'Casual gamers won't mind buying a notebook, but a truly serious gamer would always choose a desktop' :)

Beside a 17.3" beast isn't as mobile as one may think it is IMO.

[citation][nom]therabiddeer[/nom]Expensive and doesnt feature the ability to disable the graphics card (from what I can see)? That things gonna have like a 2 hour battery life... max... maybe an hour while gaming.[/citation]

They may have the switchable graphics, but I have noticed that many vendors are not conveying this clearly.

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
[citation][nom]Archean[/nom]Beside a 17.3" beast isn't as mobile as one may think it is IMO. [/citation]

Would be good for LAN parties but that's about it.

junixophobia

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]Nonsense... $2600? Can get better Alienware for this price. Or a killer desktop. If it's a gaming laptop, it has to stay below $1500-1700.[/citation]

try playing it in a train/airport for 8 hours ride/wait... if you can carry all of it in the first place

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]junixophobia[/nom]by the way... for that price... where is the 3D..?[/citation]
They said gamer, not 3d games..

it for hardcore gamers who play farmville and the likes a lot. :p

dgriffs

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
Sager is by far the best value when it comes to gaming laptops. I bet you could get a laptop with those same components for half the price.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]bebangs[/nom]serious gamers dont buy laptop for their games.[/citation]
On the contrary. I certainly don't want to carry my desktop around everywhere....
Serious gamers have both a desktop primary and laptop for gaming away from home.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Samsung generally makes good stuff. BTW, for those of us here in the good ol' USA, I would imagine they will cost less here. One should never compares suggested prices between Europe and the US.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
If I have a laptop, in general, I want mobility, and the ability to do more occasionally...

I need to have something light and something that has good battery life, 5-12 hours...

This is a portable desktop. It has a place, but Joe Student will want something more akin to an AMD Fusion device... At least the informed ones will...

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]dgriffs[/nom]Sager is by far the best value when it comes to gaming laptops. I bet you could get a laptop with those same components for half the price.[/citation]
Something with similar main components is 1800ish bucks from Sager which just shows that for US they will just remove € and stick $, as everyone does these days. Actually not everyone, some sell in US at economical price and for Europe just change the currency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS