Samsung Reveals New Line of Laptops for Gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Badass, now how about cramming all that hardware in a 15inch laptop?

Inferno1217

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Ther are some Gamers that need to be mobile or just want both a desktop solution and a mobile solution.[citation][nom]bebangs[/nom]serious gamers dont buy laptop for their games.[/citation]

Weight? Can you at least lift it with a pick up truck?

What a waste of money, really. Like the Qosmio series and 17" gaming notebooks.

It's better to have a "jack of all trades" in this case. Compare the value of that thing against an Asus N53JF or a N53SV; even the ROG notebooks from them are crap against those 2 particular lines, geez.

Cheers!

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
Expensive and doesnt feature the ability to disable the graphics card (from what I can see)? That things gonna have like a 2 hour battery life... max... maybe an hour while gaming.

Archean

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
[citation][nom]bebangs[/nom]serious gamers dont buy laptop for their games.[/citation]

I would rephrase it like this:

'Casual gamers won't mind buying a notebook, but a truly serious gamer would always choose a desktop' :)

Beside a 17.3" beast isn't as mobile as one may think it is IMO.

[citation][nom]therabiddeer[/nom]Expensive and doesnt feature the ability to disable the graphics card (from what I can see)? That things gonna have like a 2 hour battery life... max... maybe an hour while gaming.[/citation]

They may have the switchable graphics, but I have noticed that many vendors are not conveying this clearly.

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
[citation][nom]Archean[/nom]Beside a 17.3" beast isn't as mobile as one may think it is IMO. [/citation]

Would be good for LAN parties but that's about it.

junixophobia

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]Nonsense... $2600? Can get better Alienware for this price. Or a killer desktop. If it's a gaming laptop, it has to stay below $1500-1700.[/citation]

try playing it in a train/airport for 8 hours ride/wait... if you can carry all of it in the first place

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]junixophobia[/nom]by the way... for that price... where is the 3D..?[/citation]
They said gamer, not 3d games..

it for hardcore gamers who play farmville and the likes a lot. :p

dgriffs

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
Sager is by far the best value when it comes to gaming laptops. I bet you could get a laptop with those same components for half the price.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]bebangs[/nom]serious gamers dont buy laptop for their games.[/citation]
On the contrary. I certainly don't want to carry my desktop around everywhere....
Serious gamers have both a desktop primary and laptop for gaming away from home.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Samsung generally makes good stuff. BTW, for those of us here in the good ol' USA, I would imagine they will cost less here. One should never compares suggested prices between Europe and the US.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
If I have a laptop, in general, I want mobility, and the ability to do more occasionally...

I need to have something light and something that has good battery life, 5-12 hours...

This is a portable desktop. It has a place, but Joe Student will want something more akin to an AMD Fusion device... At least the informed ones will...

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]dgriffs[/nom]Sager is by far the best value when it comes to gaming laptops. I bet you could get a laptop with those same components for half the price.[/citation]
Something with similar main components is 1800ish bucks from Sager which just shows that for US they will just remove € and stick $, as everyone does these days. Actually not everyone, some sell in US at economical price and for Europe just change the currency.

Status
Not open for further replies.