Samsung S20A300B LED LCD/TFT

thetaistick

Reputable
Mar 9, 2015
I just got this monitor used and everything appeared to be working fine. When I got it home it started switching several times between analog and digital then it goes to the "check signal cable" box. The menu will not pop up. I got it to the first time but it wouldn't do it again. I have two of these. Identical monitors. The other works fine. I'm using the DVI and switching it to VGA is not an option. MY video only supports HDMI,DVI, and display port. If it's a busted soldering weld on the connector is it something that can be repaired? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

NewEgg does not sell this monitor anymore, but I am guessing it is worth about $120 replacement value.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001489

Some of the shops charge a "Bench fee" to diagnose it, and last time I paid $25 to only figure out that the repairs were going to cost more than my device was even worth. I would try calling around, describing the problem, and getting a price up front before I went the repair route. It may be easier and less expensive to just replace it.