Samsung SA700 3D 23" Monitor PLEASE HELP:

Mirrhell

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
Hi,
So 1.5 year ago i bought this monitor for a 450$ deal, got it working great till the day i was cleaning the screen, i miss hold the stand and i droped the screen on my headset. the display broke and all i see is mixed colors and white light on the edges. that all happened on the 27th day after buying it.

I moved on and got a new monitor.

Today am thinking of fixing the display but it shows on samsung site that this model is "discontinued" and am not sure if i can pay to replace the display of the monitor since as i said it's discontinued.

So my main question is: can i pay to fix the display?
i'll appreciate any help. sorry for bad english.

Solution
I have this monitor and it is epic so I understand why you'd want it fixed, I never understood why they discontinued it. Unfortunately I doubt it's possible to fix it. It sounds like the panel itself has been damaged rather than any other components that may be more easily replaced.

They can occasionally be found in stock, although very rarely and the used models seem to be scratched up quite a bit as a friend of mine bought a used one on my recommendation twice and both were incredibly scratched so it is difficult to suggest a solution. Keep an eye out in European shops and eBay, particularly German retailers and sellers as for some reason these monitors were very popular in Germany, you may be able to get a second hand monitor but...

tjcoops

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
I have this monitor and it is epic so I understand why you'd want it fixed, I never understood why they discontinued it. Unfortunately I doubt it's possible to fix it. It sounds like the panel itself has been damaged rather than any other components that may be more easily replaced.

They can occasionally be found in stock, although very rarely and the used models seem to be scratched up quite a bit as a friend of mine bought a used one on my recommendation twice and both were incredibly scratched so it is difficult to suggest a solution. Keep an eye out in European shops and eBay, particularly German retailers and sellers as for some reason these monitors were very popular in Germany, you may be able to get a second hand monitor but other than that I don't know.

Solution

Mirrhell

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014

Thx for replying,
Indeed it is, i've tried several monitors but still this one is a beast, am now switching my 20" CRT and 24" benq, am very competitive CS player and i think the CRT got a very smooth and vibrant image compared to other panels except the Samsung SA700.

I miss this one so bad. Hope to see more replies!

Latest posts