Samsung Said to Be Prepping Android 4.0 Galaxy S Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]idroid[/nom]It would be very cool if you they come up with something like the iPod Touch, that would be great for the kids![/citation]
*sigh* That exists. Samsung Galaxy Player.

juuh

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
I wonder how does this fare against Nokia 808 pureview in terms of picture quality. I will buy this one or the next "Lumia" pureview device.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Important: The photo above *IS NOT* the device :)

To au_equus: Its a Galaxy S phone with the optics and a few camera buttons (shutter / mode) on it. In case you don't know - Samsung also makes CAMERAS. 8mp or especially the 41MP Nokia phone-cameras is overkill for the camera-sensors. Anything more than 3/5MP is overkill. Its higher resolution than most monitors who who actually prints nowadays? You can buy a decent 12MP camera for $100 nowadays.

The extra bulk should include a much bigger battery to handle the optics and flash. Then again, the battery for my Canon P&S is smaller than my Galaxy. :)

Sony has been selling such Camera-Phones for years - for the dumb-phones. They were called Cyber-shot phones.

juuh

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
@Belardo

41MP would be an overkill if the images would be at that size or RAW. It is the the technology behind that processes the image and then turns it to 8 or 5 MP image after being first shot as 41 MP and the outcome is much better than from any other phones whatever MP they have...

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]idroid[/nom]It would be very cool if you they come up with something like the iPod Touch, that would be great for the kids![/citation]
Sony Walkmen series.

sonofliberty08

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Razor512[/nom]Why cant they make a DSLR that runs android instead. (Imagine something like a canon 5D with built in smartphone functions)[/citation]
will u stick it on your face to talk on the phone ?

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]Razor512[/nom]Why cant they make a DSLR that runs android instead. (Imagine something like a canon 5D with built in smartphone functions)[/citation]
What would be the purpose of a 5D with smartphone functions? It would be to big to be anything but a camera, and being the 5D a camera designed for professionals most of it's users wouldn't use the smartphone functions, with the only exception being the GPS. But cameras with GPS built-in already exist. A camera with smartphone capabilities will mostly be used by the general public.

altriss

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]Important: The photo above *IS NOT* the device To au_equus: Its a Galaxy S phone with the optics and a few camera buttons (shutter / mode) on it. In case you don't know - Samsung also makes CAMERAS. 8mp or especially the 41MP Nokia phone-cameras is overkill for the camera-sensors. Anything more than 3/5MP is overkill. Its higher resolution than most monitors who who actually prints nowadays? You can buy a decent 12MP camera for $100 nowadays.The extra bulk should include a much bigger battery to handle the optics and flash. Then again, the battery for my Canon P&S is smaller than my Galaxy. Sony has been selling such Camera-Phones for years - for the dumb-phones. They were called Cyber-shot phones.[/citation]

Yes but this one running Android maybe few dedicated applications will appear? It could be interesting to see what kind of post-treatment can be done over the pictures by this device. I mean: if there is a good GPU inside, it could be an improve over the mainstream digital camera.
Like you take a picture, you can directly apply some filters on it to see if you are satisfied and then go on or retake.
I think it may be a new revolution as the digital storage was one in the early 2000.
But I'm not sure I will by the first model, maybe waiting for the mature tech^^

Anyway, Go on Samsung! it's a great idea from my point of view!

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
By all means... Samsung should have this product on the market. I was playing with my sons dummy Sony Cybershot cameraphone - which slides and buttons work. (Hint, for little kids - ask for old dummy phones as they usually get thrown away) Just having an extra 3-4 buttons makes it nicer to use as a camera. Looks like this... kinda cool looking... its only a year old, last of the dumb phones.

The Motorola AtrixHD - even thou it has a so-so camera, has a built in option in which the VOL button can be either a ZOOM in/Out or shutter button. That alone makes it a bit better than most phones. Still would be nice to have a dedicated shutter button on all phones... Sony's Android phone has this... but that phone feel horrible, even thou it looks pretty good.

Thinking about it... The Phone Galaxy will most likely be as thick as my 2008 Sony Slider...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS