Samsung says my SSD is Counterfeit.....

Aug 20, 2018
Looking for advice and help on how to proceed. Has this happened to anyone else?

Backstory:

• Bought 2 Samsung 960 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB Drives back in January 2018 as part of my new PC build.
• These units were bought and shipped directly from Samsung. No third party in between.
• Took a while to get all the parts for the new build and started build in April 2018.
• Registered both SSD's with Samsung in April 2018. No issues registering products.
• During Build discovered one of the two SSD's was DOA
• Opened service ticket with Samsung April 2018....
• Ticket went into limbo and in June 2018 a new ticket was created
• Sent unit to service...
• Samsung returned unit and closed ticket claiming unit was a counterfeit! (Claimed unit has a non Samsung controller onboard)
• I have gone round and round with various divisions of Samsung....Sales, Service, Customer Service, but I just keep getting put into this loop..
o Sales says unit came from Samsung so it is not counterfeit, but cannot do anything because it is beyond the 15 day return window....contact support
o Service says unit is counterfeit and they cannot do anything further...contact Sales
o Customer Service seems to want to help but doesn't know how to break this loop.

IMHO, what should have been just a simple DOA replacement has turned into a complete and total nightmare customer experience with Samsung.
I am looking for help and guidance on how I can proceed with this issue!

Thank you for your consideration,
AviatorDuck

Solution
You are working with Samsung support, nothing else you or anyone else can do. You need to try to contact a supervisor or manager from the service department and show them the sales proof you have from Samsung for those drives.