Samsung SD-616T won't play last 2 to 3 minutes of some DVD's

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.video.dvd.tech,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

Hello,

My DVD player (Samsung SD-616T, Dell Part #2C242) plays through until the
last 2 to 4 minutes and then the picture freezes while the player continues
to turn and the green seek light continues to blink. I am using Windows
Media Player 9 and Windows XP on a Dell Dimension 8300 (2.8 GHz with 1 GB
RAM). The disk is clean and this behavior doesn't happen with all movies.
Other than this the player has no problem reading CD's or DVD's, just the
playing of the last few minutes of some DVD's is a problem.

Here is the link to the Samsung product page if that is helpful:
http://www.samsung.com/Products/CDDVD_Rom/DVD_ROMHalf_Height/CDDVD_Rom_DVD_ROMHalf_Height_SD_616T.htm

The firmware is version F310

Thanks, Steve.

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.video.dvd.tech,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

firmware update will cure visit Samsung site, f503 firmware I think is
latest for that drive
"Steve" <abc@123.com> wrote in message

> Hello,
>
> My DVD player (Samsung SD-616T, Dell Part #2C242) plays through until the
> last 2 to 4 minutes and then the picture freezes while the player
continues
> to turn and the green seek light continues to blink. I am using Windows
> Media Player 9 and Windows XP on a Dell Dimension 8300 (2.8 GHz with 1 GB
> RAM). The disk is clean and this behavior doesn't happen with all movies.
> Other than this the player has no problem reading CD's or DVD's, just the
> playing of the last few minutes of some DVD's is a problem.
>
> Here is the link to the Samsung product page if that is helpful:

http://www.samsung.com/Products/CDDVD_Rom/DVD_ROMHalf_Height/CDDVD_Rom_DVD_ROMHalf_Height_SD_616T.htm

> The firmware is version F310
>
> Thanks, Steve.

TRENDING THREADS