Question Samsung Smart TV + Sennheiser RS 120 (wired radio headphones)

gordonfreemanjr

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
So, I have the Sennheiser RS 120 TV heaphones I very much like. Their base connects to a TV with a 3.5 mm jack and then sends the signal to the heapdhones via radio:

View: https://youtu.be/hg2XQncB3qE

Then I bought myself a Samsung Smart TV. I had no idea that these days TV’s don’t feature a 3.5 headphone out anymore. Apparently you’re supposed to use Bluetooth heapdhones exclusively.

I also have a Samsung soundbar, which is connected to the TV via Bluetooth. Nor the TV, nor the soubbar have a 3.5 mm out.

The billion dollar question: how do I make the RS 120 work? I’ve already tried a simple adapter, L/R Audio to 3.5 mm. An „optical” audio out appears in the settings, but there’s no audio in the headphones, just static.

RealBeast

Titan
What is the full model number of your Samsung TV?

Check you manual to see if you can set the output to PCM (Pulse-Code Modulation), as an inexpensive DAC will usually not output 5.1. If it can output PCM, then you should be able to use a DAC like THIS ONE that inputs optical TOSLINK and outputs to a 3.5mm jack or RCA pair.

gordonfreemanjr

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
What is the full model number of your Samsung TV?

Check you manual to see if you can set the output to PCM (Pulse-Code Modulation), as an inexpensive DAC will usually not output 5.1. If it can output PCM, then you should be able to use a DAC like THIS ONE that inputs optical TOSLINK and outputs to a 3.5mm jack or RCA pair.

The model is: UE43RU7102KXXH.
Thanks for the tip, I’ll consult the manual.