Samsung SSD 850 PRO Boot Time

Andrew Bailey

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015
Ive just brought Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512gb ive install winodws 10, but the boot time seems a bit long for the ssd im getting 35 seconds is this right it seem abit long for the type of SSD/OS can any one help please. Thanks

Solution
I can't help you with 10... Its too new to know whats going on under the hood. Maybe someone else can.

Just make sure that if you want to revert back to whatever you had before, that you do so in less than 30 days. Otherwise your previous license is toast.

kanewolf

Titan
When are you starting timing? The SSD has no impact on how fast the PC boots until the "Starting Operating System" or similar message shows up on the display. How many things run at boot time, the speed of the DHCP server, lots of things contribute to boot time besides the SSD performance.

Lets see here...

No mention of what version of windows.
No mention of what motherboard....

How about we assume Commodore 64... That thing boots fast for a Commodore 64.

The Commodore 64 is an 8-bit home computer introduced in January 1982 by Commodore International. It is listed in the Guinness World Records as the highest-selling single computer model of all time, with independent estimates placing the number sold between 10 and 17 million units.

Volume production started in early 1982, with machines being released on to the market in August at a price of US$595 (roughly equivalent to $1,500 in 2015). Preceded by the Commodore VIC-20 and Commodore PET, the C64 takes its name from its 64 kilobytes (65,536 bytes) of RAM, and has technologically superior sound and graphical specifications when compared to some earlier systems such as the Apple II and Atari 800, with multi-color sprites and a more advanced sound processor.

Andrew Bailey

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015
I started timing from the first logo, this is of a fresh install of windows 10 no programs nothing on start up maybe chrome,

My system is -
Windows 10 Pro
Intel i7 4770k
16gb Ram Intel Patriot Extreme Masters
Gigabyte G1.Sniper M5 Motherboard
512gb Samsung SSD 850 PRO
Geforce GTX 750ti

I can't help you with 10... Its too new to know whats going on under the hood. Maybe someone else can.

Just make sure that if you want to revert back to whatever you had before, that you do so in less than 30 days. Otherwise your previous license is toast.

Solution