[SOLVED] Samsung SSD 870 QVQ not showing up In Windows 10?

enoughbeck96

Honorable
Jun 26, 2014
Hi, i brought today a 1tb SSD as i need more space for my PC, its my first time going for some extra storage to add. After reading about SSDs and how better they were than a HDD i thought i would buy the 870 QVO Sata 2.5.

I have mounted it into my desktop base and connected the SATA Cable to SSD and my motherboard SATA slot. I booted up my PC and went to the file explorer but i still only see my HDD and the SSD does not seem to be appearing? Have i missed a step to install the drive, i thought it might have been a simple plug in and away you go as i only want it as more storage on my PC and not used as the boot up.

If anyone could help me out.

Solution
Does it show up anywhere -- like Disk Management or an elevated command prompt window using:
diskpart <enter>
list disk <enter>

If not I would check the SATA and PCIE power cable and try another SATA port, if there are two SATA controller use the primary one (some motherboards have a secondary).

RealBeast

Titan
Does it show up anywhere -- like Disk Management or an elevated command prompt window using:
diskpart <enter>
list disk <enter>

If not I would check the SATA and PCIE power cable and try another SATA port, if there are two SATA controller use the primary one (some motherboards have a secondary).

Solution