[SOLVED] Abnormal "Total Host Writes" on Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSD ?

Aug 3, 2021
Hi
I've been getting drive errors in windows and I installed Samsung Magic and my drive is critical. So I downloaded crystaldisk and my Total Host Writes are 920015GB with 25792 hours power.
Something is not right here?

Solution
drive has 3years or 200TB warranty, youre past that on both, so your option would be buying another drive
if its systemdrive, swap file couldbe killing your drive if you have low amount of ram
or if you use torrents, thats another reason to kill your drive
recording/editing videos could be another

mine 970evo running as system drive with 32GB ram with swap file, hiberfile and pagefile on it, got it in March 2018 and 24TB written with 16371 power on time, my second drive which I got year later has about same power on uptime...guess that one doesn't sleep at all (WD just for steam library)

so what are you doing with your PC?
drive has 3years or 200TB warranty, youre past that on both, so your option would be buying another drive
if its systemdrive, swap file couldbe killing your drive if you have low amount of ram

mine 970evo running as system drive with 32GB ram with swap file, hiberfile and pagefile on it, got it in March 2018 and 24TB written with 16371 power on time, my second drive which I got year later has about same power on uptime...guess that one doesn't sleep at all (WD just for steam library)

Solution
Aug 3, 2021

It is my C: drive yes.
Its my home computer mostly play games used to torrent often but not so much anymore.
On that drive is only my OS and program drive and my downloads go to that drive also the odd Microsoft game gets installed on it.
So I guess I'll run it until it pops but will in future download to one of my HDD instead of the SSD.
I also have 32GB ram also my PC runs 24h