[SOLVED] Samsung SSD Diskpart Screw up

Dec 2, 2018
Hey all.

I recently installed a new Samsung SSD into my [Windows 7] laptop to replace the smaller samsung one that was previously in its place. The data transfer went fine and all works in that regard.

I went to clean the old drive by connecting it to my computer with a USB SATA connector and used the DiskPart clean all function on the drive, Windows would not recognize the drive after this. I have since then used the CMD window to re-partition the drive, and it shows in windows as being empty with no data on it..

My issue, going through the samsung data migration tool, it finds the drive attached, but it shows that the drive is still full with data, which it's not.. I feel I deleted all the firmware on the drive also during my initial screw up. How would I fix this issue? I'm not SUPER windows savvy so go easy on me :)

Solution
You can't delete the firmware on the drive by doing diskpart clean command. Not sure what you are trying to fix, you took the old drive and cleaned it, then partitioned and Windows shows it as empty. That is all correct. Why are you running the data migration tool now since you already did everything you wanted to and Windows is seeing the drive empty? I don't see what you need to fix.
You can't delete the firmware on the drive by doing diskpart clean command. Not sure what you are trying to fix, you took the old drive and cleaned it, then partitioned and Windows shows it as empty. That is all correct. Why are you running the data migration tool now since you already did everything you wanted to and Windows is seeing the drive empty? I don't see what you need to fix.

Solution

Latest posts