Samsung SyncMaster 191T how many dead pixels?

Smile

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2003
I have just got my Samsung 191T LCD monitor. Looks nice :p
There was one dead pixel that can only be seen on solid blue background. It is located on the left side of the monitor in the middle of the screen 5cm away from the edge of the screen.

Now 2 weeks later I noticed 1 red pixel that can be seen every time except for a black background. It is located on the right side of the monitor about 5 cm away from the edge of the screen in the upper middle of the screen.

Now how many bad pixels must there be that I could replace my LCD? My local Samsung service says 3lit or 7unlit. Is it true. I heard that it is a class 1 monitor but the warranty service seems very bad :(

Any comments would be helpful :p

Sanchez22

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2003
Read Tom's guide to dead pixels. Samsung is the worst for getting replacements on dead pixels. They need to fix their stupid rule, which is why i'll refuse to buy any Samsung no matter how good their screen is.

Smile

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2003
Could everyone who owns 191T post how many dead pixels they had when purchased and how many new dead pixels they developed over what period of time.

Should look like this:
Purchased in 2002 December, no dead pixels, now 3 unlit and 2 lit pixels.

Thanks

kdo2milger

Distinguished
May 26, 2002
I purchased the 181T, but I don't think you can get it now, No matter the 191T is the same one just bigger. I've had it for a year now, came to me with zero dead pixels, and still zero dead pixels today. Great picture, terrific side view angle, and a sleek design... newegg has the 191T (silver) for $659.00, I paid $800.00 for mine over a year ago. Get it you won't be dissapointed...

<font color=red><b>We all love disassembling things to see how it works,
but who wants to put it back together again?