Samsung SyncMaster 730bf, how to open back case?

elebril

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2008
Hello everyone,

I need to replace some capacitors in my old LCD monitor. However, I am having problems with the back case. There seem to be only three screws, but removing them is not enough. I have done quite a bit of research on the web, but I could not find any help on how to open the monitor. Has anyone here ever done that? I have watched a few videos regarding other LCD screens and in most cases it seems that one has to apply pressure to certain points in the monitor case for it to pop. I would be very grateful for some hints.

Thank you for your time,

Grzegorz

Solution
Typically monitors have screws and plastic holdings. The plastic has to be bent in a certain way to allow it to open completely. DIY monitor maintenance can be guess and check, as most manuals don't list where these plastic clips are. You can try running a small flat head screwdriver around the edge with the tip inside to find the clips and gently pushing on them to get release.

jafrankl

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014
Typically monitors have screws and plastic holdings. The plastic has to be bent in a certain way to allow it to open completely. DIY monitor maintenance can be guess and check, as most manuals don't list where these plastic clips are. You can try running a small flat head screwdriver around the edge with the tip inside to find the clips and gently pushing on them to get release.

Solution