Question Samsung SyncMaster monitor touch buttons activating by themselves

Jun 16, 2019
Hi, I have a Samsung Syncmaster S24B300 monitor, bought it six years ago, the problem first appeared around two years ago. This monitor has touch buttons (on the frame, not the screen) instead of physical ones, and what it does is it keeps detecting touches as if I was touching the buttons, which causes the OSD to pop up and block the screen. Very annoying if it happens during a game.

When and how often it happens varies greatly, sometimes it's okay for days sometimes it happens every few seconds as if I was messing with the buttons constantly. If I remember correctly, it worked fine during winter, and the problem mostly occures during summer, especially during rainy days, which makes me suspect that the humid air could be messing with the sensors, but I'm not sure. I have tried cleaning it, made no difference.

Has anyone else experienced this problem before? Any tips and suggestions? Do I have to try and take it apart to see what it looks like inside?

Lutfij

Titan
From what you've stated, yeah the issue could be on the touch panel/board that registers the touch. You would either need a replacement panel for the touch sensors or you're going to have to open the monitor and take a good look at the PCB that the sensors are on. This can and will be a daunting task if you don't know what you're doing.